Good project for registry expersts

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Perris Calderon, Apr 22, 2002.

1. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

Hi dirk, new you'd show up...hehe...anyway, how about a right click somewhere (anywhere) on the desktop, which will get right to the file option on regedit...this'll be the fastest fasion to mount a registry backup, you'll right click, go to file, choose export...can do?....and here's another one, when you get a chance, how about a hack, so that home xper can log in as the administrator...can do? (joking, I do ask for the impossible, don't I)

2. Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler Guest

Hi dealer,
    how'd you know I'd turn up, LOL

Is what you want a right-click Context Menu that includes "Import" and/or "Export" ?.

I can't see the logic in having this. If you right-click the Desktop and click "Import" you would then have to search for the reg file to import. The same goes for "Export", you right-click the Desktop and click "Export" then have to open the registry and go to the Key you would like to export.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding you. Please explain a little more.

3. Perris Calderon

Here's what I explained badly before...when I open regedit, I hit file, export, and then the window opens that gives you the option to export the whole registry...so, what I was thinking, if there is not an executable to get directly to this box, then maybe we could find a way thru one of your right click fujisms, to bring that window up, without haveing to open regedit....just an idea, that would make a registry backup a couple of cllicks faster...

4. Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler Guest

Yes, I understand you now, I shall lay back and think about it a while. Its an interesting idea.

5. Perris Calderon

clearly, it was the term, "fujism" which shed light on my previously poorly discribed idea

6. Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler Guest

Not looking good, I've tried the "extract switch" but it did nothing, I must be missing something. Must be an extra parameter I'm missing. I'll have another play when I get back from work.

7. Perris Calderon

I thought it'd be tough, I'm usually pretty good at finding targets...even when experts say there is no target...but I couldn't come close with this one, that's why I thought you'd be able to find it somewhere in the registry