Good news for Telewest Customers

Discussion in 'Green Room' started by BonyTony, May 13, 2003.

1. BonyTony

BonyTony Moderator

It seems Telewest has gone live with its 2mb broadband leaving NTL dragging it`s heels (who is my provider) i i live less than 2 miles from a telewest franchise...arrgh:eek: ...anyone who is on the Telewest network and wants to up their speed can go HERE you lucky devils.

2. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

£50 / month :eek:

3. BonyTony

BonyTony Moderator

I was paying that for 1mb cable with NTL which they have now reduced to £35.

I would pay £50 for the 2mb service.

4. SPeedY_B

Just seems a lot for an internet connection, I think that £30 is a lot though. :)

(note: £50 is 80.2 USD)

5. Evil Marge

Evil Marge I Rule Political User

£50 a month :eek:
    Who the hell can afford that?????? :huh:

6. SPeedY_B

It's cheaper than the £140/month BT used to charge, not sure what they charge for 2mbit DSL lines now, but back when DSL was very new, it certainly wasn't cheap :)

7. jonifen

jonifen pffff...

We've got a 2mb ADSL line at work through Pipex, and that costs ~£130 a month

8. BonyTony

BonyTony Moderator

I went looking at the specs of the 2mb line and i have now changed my mind as the upload speed is still the same as my 1mb cable connection a poor 256k (30k upload max).

If it was 512k (60k) upload then i would bite their hands off. The upload speed must have quite an impact hit on the network for it to be kept at 256k:huh:

9. dave holbon

dave holbon Moderator

But what’s the contention ratio. Most new faster than before services are only fast until fifty users log on then it’s back to the 56k connection.

:( :( :)