good freeware system utilities

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Tdoan14, Feb 23, 2003.

1. Tdoan14

Tdoan14 Guest

i need a list of some good freeware utilities that frees up disk space, speeds up my computer, and other stuff that optimizes my system performance... thank u very much

2. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

ha

go to the great free programs thread...you will find all you are looking for

3. Tdoan14

Tdoan14 Guest

thanks

4. lechtard

lechtard Guest

You need to be careful with some of the system utilities - they can cause more harm than good, hense Norton System Utilities .. and Ram Free programs mess with your registry ..

5. GR@PH;<'S

GR@PH;<'S Guest

lechtard,
    you say
    These programs will not mess your system up if you read the manual first and if there a forum for the program you could always go there for there and ask for ADVICE /HELP

These programs are made to help you not to damage you system.

GR@PH;<'S :cool:

6. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

actually both of these two posts are correct.

as GR@PH;<'S says, most utilities are meant to help your system, and will not harm your box...BUT you need to understand what the program is doing...read the manual so to speak...make sure you want the program to do what it's intended to do.

example, as lechtard posted, ram releasing utilities will slow xp down, no matter how you use the program

GR@PH;<'S ...you'll get a kick out of the great free programs
    thread
    way back when I started that thread, adaware was on the first post.

now that thread has hundreds of incredible free utilities...ad free was a must for the program to be posted.

check it out