Good bandwidth monitoring program

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Timeo27, Jul 17, 2002.

1. Timeo27

Timeo27 Guest

Anyone have any advice on what they feel is a good bandwidth monitoring program? I'd like something that displays total in/out, and maybe some graphs of days/weeks or something. I've tried a couple different ones, but most of them don't work correctly, or just plain don't display the information in an easy to read format.

2. vdubVR6

vdubVR6 Guest

3. Grinder714

Grinder714 Guest

Heres the one I use, it monitors network traffic, among other things that you can choose to add/delete.

STATBAR

4. i recently decided to get one of those myself and so far DU meter is pretty good

5. Iceman

Iceman Moderator

where do u download that program from the website above vdubVR6, I can see it, but no download link, little help......

:cool:

6. vdubVR6

vdubVR6 Guest

http://www.msi.com.tw/html/support/liveupdate/main.htm

my bad , first your going to have to d/l live update to get the program it just checks to see if you have a MSI board. if you dont have a MSI board then i will post a d/l for it when i get home from work if anyone needs it. :D

7. Iceman

Iceman Moderator

Thanks, m8, yes I got a MSI board.

:cool:

8. Timeo27

Timeo27 Guest

Thanks Grinder, that's a nice program. I can even have winamp on it :D . vdubVR6, thanks for the info but I don't have an MSI board and I think I'll pass, Grinder's program does enough for me.

9. Grinder714

Grinder714 Guest

Not MY program, but what the hell.....:p

10. Gnu

Gnu OSNN Addict

NetStat Live -- simple yet flexible. Considering he's a Steve Gibson butt-kisser, AnalogX nonetheless puts out some pretty good li'l apps.

Selectable between multiple TCP interfaces, although the thing that keeps it from being perfect is that it doesn't recognise gateways. Works just fine under XP.

11. Timeo27

Timeo27 Guest

Sorry, Grinder. Just wanted to reference it more easily, and I know you probably don't mind the credit. ;)

12. neoterixx

neoterixx Guest

I use STATBAR, and have previously used Netstats, both are good programs!

13. Kr0m

Kr0m Moderator

I've used DU Meter for quite a while now.

14. HaxCode

HaxCode Guest

coolmon

Try Coolmon........

has a bunch of options......

haven't the slightest idea where I got it.....search google....or maybe here on xp-erience????

later

Hax

15. Smokie

Smokie A Proud Australian

vdubVR6, that MSI program wouldn't be called i-Speeder by any chance.

I have downloaded it awhile ago and if you can tell me how it works I would be grateful. When I open the prog, every setting is grayed out and the only thing that works is the speed guage. I use an MSI 845E Max2 m/b.

16. vdubVR6

vdubVR6 Guest

yes it is called i speeder i just never got around to edit my post thx Smokie :D

now what do you mean everything is grayed out?

17. vdubVR6

vdubVR6 Guest

what version do you have smokie?

18. Friend of Bill

Friend of Bill What, me worry?

I tend to queez away from anything that "monitors" me.:D

19. Smokie

Smokie A Proud Australian

Latest version vdubVR6. Check out the pic and you will see all the bottom section is greyed out, no way of changing any settings.