Gmail Accounts Anyone?

Do You Have a Gmail Account?

• Total voters
themafia.69 said:
yeah well i emailed them about it, so i guess if enough people complain about it something will be done, so just click on help when in your gmail account, then click on contact us and feature request

Thanks! That's exacly what I'm gonna do! :)

I do, I mainly use it to move around files for school when I can't use my laptop. And also in places where I don't want to give out my primary email address (the one on my domain).

NetRyder: The backup idea is good. I might have to set that up :)

Maybe I should have added another option to the poll: Yes (But never really use it)

LoL - it seems as though almost all people here have a gmail account, and some barely even use it!

Does anyone here use it as their primary no.1 email address?

Grandmaster said:
NetRyder: The backup idea is good. I might have to set that up :)
Yeah, I actually started doing that so that I could check my mail from campus labs if I didn't take my laptop with me. Now that I use my desktop as the primary machine and my laptop has turned into a beta testing guinea pig (Vista + Office 12 etc.), I just remote desktop into the desktop from wherever I am and use Outlook directly (I'm still hoping we'll see a smaller-scale, personal version of Exchange Server some day so that I can use Outlook Web Access!).

So yeah, now that it's set up this way, I barely ever log into my Gmail account. But I left the forwarding rules in place, so all my mail just goes in and eats space, which is nice for backup purposes.

Gmail is the best i've ever had...
My Comcast email is good, i guess but its nothing compared to gmail.
And with the firefox extension called gspace i think, it lets me use my gmail account as extra storage, up to two gigs!
I just love it
- Jack

wow the new chat features is now working, and i didnt know what it was, but quickly figured out that you can chat with people that are currently using gmail which is quite handy i think

themafia.69 said:
Yah about that, does anyone here have a mac?
My friend has a mac and googlechat doesn't work on it.
do you know if it will soon err....
-Jack

I use mine mainly for e-mailing or getting e-mailed music and/or video goodies (large files). Plus I can always leave it on the server, it's kinda like a backup. :)

Steevo said:
Yes never use it.

Same. When they upped hotmail to 250MB, I didn't really see the need. Your email address defines you; if you change it, you'll never hear from a lot of people again, just because you'll forget to tell everyone you changed it. I just use mine as a storage space for files I want to keep forever.

vanquished said:
Yah about that, does anyone here have a mac?
My friend has a mac and googlechat doesn't work on it.
do you know if it will soon err....
-Jack
It's not to do with being on a Mac, it's the browser they are using.

Currently the GMail chat feature does not work when using Safari, it works fine in Camino and Firefox, and possibly others.

If your friend really wants to use Google Talk, then they can quite easily use iChat or Adium. Instructions for setting up either are available at http://www.google.com/talk/otherclients.html

Thanks,
I just sent him the link to this thread so he can figure out what browsers he needs to get...
-Jack

If anyone wants an invitation to gmail let me know I have a lot of invites left over.

Bootsy said:
If anyone wants an invitation to gmail let me know I have a lot of invites left over.
So does everyone else :p

As I mentioned above, I don't use the GMAIL web client very often. I logged into it yesterday, and noticed that GMAIL actually pulled a FEDEX tracking number out of an e-mail, and made a clickable link right to an order tracking page, outside of the message itself. I thought that was real neat :)

Got 2..use them for storage, spam, and occasionaly mail.

Use it through outlook tho - not web.

use mine via both. web when at work and via outlook at home. that way i get all my emails everywhere

^^^^^I use it that way as well, especially now since I can't RDC out from my work PC to home, Firewall has the ports blocked.

Have you noticed if you send something to yourself, from your GMAIL account, via the web client, it doesn't download to your Outlook? It just shows up and stays in your online inbox, saying it's from "me"

Not sure what you mean , if i send something to myself (from gmail to another address) i get the email and the "sent" email, i.e. it allways downloads in outlook any sent emails i send in the web client. thats annoying

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back