GF 2 problem again

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Greg Ekstam, Apr 2, 2002.

1. Greg Ekstam

Greg Ekstam Guest

I posted earlier about my problem with a Gainward GeForce 2 Ti/500 card. I get a lockup when I try to play games. I do not think it is the drivers. When I go to Direct X Diagnostic if I test Direct Draw it locks up. The screen shows Direct Draw Acceleartor enabled Direct 3d Accelarator not available. Is there perhaps something I need to reinstall from the Direct X program. No cooling problem and card is not overclocked. Thanks. Greg
    System
    Shuttle AK35GTR
    AMD XP 1700
    256 ddr ram
    Seagate Barracuda 40g

2. Al Gue

Al Gue Guest

have you tried to change the compatibility mode to win 98 or win 2000

3. Qumahlin

Qumahlin Moderator

For a problem like that there are only 4 main attributible problems

1. Drivers - Cure - Try new and old ones, make sure any previous drivers from non nvidia boards are uninstalled

2. OS install problems - Cure - Do a complete CLEAN install of XP

3. Board Problem - Cure - Board is defective return for replacement

4. Mobo problem - Cure - Make sure you have latest bios and any and all drivers needed (via 4-1 etc) make sure AGP settings are correct

I would do options 1, 2 , 4 and test to see if it gets it working...if it doesn...it's a problem with your overall system or the videocard itself.

4. Greg Ekstam

Greg Ekstam Guest

uninstall

Thanks for ideas. I was thinking I would start all over. This is a new system build. My questions is how do you uninstall Windows XP. The hard drive was new also so it was formatted by Windows XP when it booted up the first time. Thanks

5. Qumahlin

Qumahlin Moderator

Just boot from the XP cd and you should be able to format it. or you can boot from a floppy (make sure you made the floppy in xp) and fdisk the partition.

6. Greg Ekstam

Greg Ekstam Guest

uninstall

OK. Where do I go to uninstall. Not in uninstall programs. Greg