Getting back with an ex

Good Idea or not?

• Yes, if you think its the right thing to do.

Votes: 16 50.0%
  • No way, they're your ex for a reason!

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Been there, done that & it never worked out.

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Been there & we're really happy together.

Votes: 4 12.5%

• Total voters
I checked the three bottom ones, since I've been through each of them. Got back with an ex that was a bad idea, but I got back with the other because I knew I had to marry her, and she's my wife now ;)

Definitely don't recommend it for everyone though. I had five serious relationships, and only one was worth salvaging--but I shouldn't have broken up with her in the first place; my reasons were selfish. Thank God she had me back. Chances are, getting back with an ex is a BAD idea, but everyone is different.

You won't know what it feels like to have the right one until after you've felt it. Lol...it's a hard way to learn, but that's how it is.

Yeah...i didnt notice what i lost untill i broke up with her. She is everything to me...i love the way she smiles,her humor,creativity (sp i am a bad speller), and just he personality. The reason we broke up was cause she was getting a lip piercing and that we both would get jelous if we talked to the opposite sex. Like if i talked to this girl that liked me (i told her off so now she dont) she would get jelous and all that. I would get jelous if she talked to her ex bf. Just remember to really think it over and talk to her about your problems. I know thats what alot of people said so far but it helps.

I read a lot of intelligent comments. You should think about them and decide for yourself based upon all the factors. If you decide to get back together, the worst thing that could happen is that you break up again (more pain).

Now if you were asking whether you should marry this person (very long term), then I'd vote with the "don't do it" people.

fitz said:
...feelings are short lived. Real Love is not tied to feelings - it is more a decision and a commitment. Commitments are made in the head.. not with what you feel (either feeling in your heart or below the waist.) ;)

Exactly. Great post! :)

been there done that.
its painful.

good luck tho

Getting back with an ex...

1) Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

2) Once warned, twice a fool.

3) Turn the other cheek so I can slap that too.

Anyone got any other appropriate platitudes?

fitz said:
*shrug*

I broke up with my girlfriend once.. then got back together..

Now we've been married for 7 years with 2 kids

It all depends :) as someone said, there is no right or wrong answer to this question. I wouldn't say do what feels right.. do what you know is right - feelings are short lived. Real Love is not tied to feelings - it is more a decision and a commitment. Commitments are made in the head.. not with what you feel (either feeling in your heart or below the waist.) ;)

Thanks for all your replies, a real mixed bag for sure, but basically when it comes down to it you just have to do what feels right. I really couldn't take myself to go out with other women as I still loved my ex dispite what happened to split us up - her mother certainly never helped matters and just made them worse. Now she's my ex ex and we have been back together for 2 months, our daughter is made up for us. Nice to hear other peoples oppinions.

Thanks people!

TittleBitties said:
that we both would get jelous if we talked to the opposite sex. Like if i talked to this girl that liked me (i told her off so now she dont) she would get jelous and all that. I would get jelous if she talked to her ex bf.
Tittles you need to TRUST each other, without that a relationship will never last.

Yeah i know that...we worked that out now. She just dont want me to talk to that girl that liked. I told the girl off so she wouldnt like me anymore so its all good :p.

relationships are like a string...

once broken, they are only rejoined with a knot...

:cool:

saw that in a fortune cookie somewhere and it does hold true... they are your ex for a reason...

lots more "fish in the sea" so to speak...

just move on...

TittleBitties said:
Yeah...i didnt notice what i lost untill i broke up with her. She is everything to me...i love the way she smiles,her humor,creativity (sp i am a bad speller), and just he personality. The reason we broke up was cause she was getting a lip piercing and that we both would get jelous if we talked to the opposite sex. Like if i talked to this girl that liked me (i told her off so now she dont) she would get jelous and all that. I would get jelous if she talked to her ex bf. Just remember to really think it over and talk to her about your problems. I know thats what alot of people said so far but it helps.

no offence, but if you broke up over jealousy and over a lip piercing... there are other problems with that relationship...

you grow wiser as you grow older and experience more relationships...

btw... telling off this girl that liked you... what did she ever do to you? if your girl is getting jealous because of that... move on...

further... talking about problems is not the be all/end all... quite the opposite.. discussing these things becomes a drag and really starts to simmer... not the most positive thing for a relationship... if there are trust issues on both sides, talking is not going to help much...

Ex sex is the best sex...

BTW, this thread is useless without pics.

wigan_ukmale said:
..., our daughter is made up for us. Nice to hear other peoples oppinions.

Thanks people!

hehe - you'll have to trnaslate for American friends ("our daughter is very happy for us"!)

Seriously though - you did not mention offspring at the outset and that changes everything - because she may be an ex-lover, but she will never be an ex-parent any more than you will...

SOOoooo IMHO (and from teh same boat) you will always have a relationship - it is just whether you permit the same intimacy. In my case it is not my decision - so it's easy, but if she ever wanted me it would be a very very tough call I have to say.

Sazar said:
no offence, but if you broke up over jealousy and over alip piercing... there are other problems with that relationship...

you grow wiser as you grow older and experience more relationships...

btw... telling off this girl that liked you... what did she ever do toyou? if your girl is getting jealous because of that... move on...

further... talking about problems is not the be all/end all... quitethe opposite.. discussing these things becomes a drag and really startsto simmer... not the most positive thing for a relationship... if thereare trust issues on both sides, talking is not going to helpmuch...

It wasnt that i didnt like the lip piercing its just i was afraidpeople would talk øøøø about it and i was already in a bad mood tobegan with that week so yeah. We sat down and really talked over ourproblems and i think we are way better now than we were before. This isout first serious relationship and we knew that there might be kinksbut hey whos relationship doesnt? As for the girl...i told her offcause she wouldnt stop øøøøing buggin me after i told her that i have agf and that i aint gonna hang with her anymore. My girl doesnt hate heranymore for her likin me now she just thinks she is a bitch lol.

stay friends with her....and just go with the 'ex sex'..then you get best of both worlds, you can have fun looking for another gf and still get laid.

Its a tried and tested method

xsivforce said:
BTW, this thread is useless without pics.

I agree
laugh.gif

anyone else?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back