Geforcefx 5200.....

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by 50cal, Nov 17, 2003.

1. 50cal

50cal Guest

Im in the process of getting a new Geforcefx 5200 256meg grafics card. What are peoples thoughts on this one and how overclockable is this one.?

Thanks, 50cal

2. Eck

Eck .user

The card is absolute sh!t. I would never recommend it to anyone for ANYTHING. If you've got a tight budget, get a GeForce 4 TI4200 128MB 8X card. It beats the hell out of an FX5200.

3. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

I share eck's sentiments...

the 5200 is not worth the money and the 256mb version is a gimmick.. there is no way you are going to see a noticeable difference in performance wth the extra performance with that card unless you are using professional 3d progs (ie AUTOCAD)... you just don't play @ a high enough resolution with enough filtering turned on to be able to utilise the extra memory..

purchase something along the lines of a 4200 like ECK said or consider going the route of the 9600pro or 5600ultra or something like that..

the 9600pro is $149.00 @ bestbuy @ the moment after rebates...

4. 50cal

50cal Guest

Thanks guys for your help.;)

5. Smelly-Finger

Smelly-Finger OSNN Junior Addict

Biggest mistake I ever made (Besides getting very drunk and waking up with a dress on) was buying a FX5200 the performace is crap ok I'm on a real tight budget but for an extra £20 I could have got a FX5600 card with a lot better performance (think it was a Soltek card)