Geforcefx 5200.....

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by 50cal, Nov 17, 2003.

1. 50cal

50cal Guest

Im in the process of getting a new Geforcefx 5200 256meg grafics card. What are peoples thoughts on this one and how overclockable is this one.?

Thanks, 50cal
  2. Eck

Eck .user

United States
    The card is absolute sh!t. I would never recommend it to anyone for ANYTHING. If you've got a tight budget, get a GeForce 4 TI4200 128MB 8X card. It beats the hell out of an FX5200.
  3. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Between Austin and Tampa
    I share eck's sentiments...

the 5200 is not worth the money and the 256mb version is a gimmick.. there is no way you are going to see a noticeable difference in performance wth the extra performance with that card unless you are using professional 3d progs (ie AUTOCAD)... you just don't play @ a high enough resolution with enough filtering turned on to be able to utilise the extra memory..

purchase something along the lines of a 4200 like ECK said or consider going the route of the 9600pro or 5600ultra or something like that..

the 9600pro is $149.00 @ bestbuy @ the moment after rebates...
  4. 50cal

50cal Guest

Thanks guys for your help.;)
  5. Smelly-Finger

Smelly-Finger OSNN Junior Addict

Belfast, N. Ireland
    Biggest mistake I ever made (Besides getting very drunk and waking up with a dress on) was buying a FX5200 the performace is crap ok I'm on a real tight budget but for an extra £20 I could have got a FX5600 card with a lot better performance (think it was a Soltek card)