Geforce5

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by ste_w, May 29, 2002.

1. ste_w

ste_w Moderator

Hi All

I am currently looking forward to the next Nvidia Release Possibley called the Geforce5, i am a great fan of the geforce series and i am thinking of updating my machine when it comes out.
    Does any one no anything about the geforce5? i herd its 256 mb insted of 128mb like G4?
    Also i know they are releasing there new one in August but whats the one it March nxt year?
    Do u think i could update my machine to it, i have:

AMD 1.4 GHZ
    512 RAM
    Geforce3
    Sound Blaster Live 5.1
    (New Evesham Pc Basically)

Please Reply, i know its a bungle of questions but please!

THANX

From

Ste

2. wyrlwyn

wyrlwyn Guest

why don't you just hold out for the matrox phileria 512? 20gigs of throughput, tri head gaming, and 256 megs of ddr ram, plus it should be out sooner then the g5, and should be the same price as the g4s are now.

3. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

**jaw drop's** :eek: flight sim 2002 is tri screen ready.. **drool's**

4. ste_w

ste_w Moderator

Thanx ill look into, ill prob stick with the geforce series tho.
    Anyone else wanna ad anythin?

Thanx

Cya

5. ZAnwar

ZAnwar Guest

I just want to add that the GeForce 4 was a complete failiure !

6. CooL_*_TanG

CooL_*_TanG Guest

is this matrox phileria 512 really awesome ...... looking to buy a new card a soon as possible ..... I checked the site ... looks not bad but I always hear that Geforce's are always better .... I have a crappy ass radeon card now :(

7. xsk8zerox

xsk8zerox Moderator

there probably going to run on agp8x like the matrox phileria 512 so you would have to buy a brand new mobo

8. Jz1397

Jz1397 Guest

the NV30 core will be a bit more powerful then the matrox phileria 512. But matrox will have theirs out sooner. The NV30 core has the same stuff, just Nvidia makes it, and a more powerful product. ATI will compete in this too with the R 300 Core, (I think). Wait till Gf5, as of now, the gf4 was not a total failure

9. wyrlwyn

wyrlwyn Guest

the philaria will rn on agp4x, and i think its also got a high ramdac for each monitor, not shared like the g series, it think its something like 400mhz on each.. unlike the g3ti500s 240...