GeForce 4 4200 or 4600???

B

busto

Besides the $100 difference is there really much of a difference in these cards??

Originally posted by busto
Besides the $100 difference is there really much of a difference in these cards??

yes... the raw performance..

the 4600 is a fair deal faster than the 4200 though people will say the 4200 can oc to 4600 speeds...

the 4600 is a fairly good card...

IMO go with the 4200 coz the 100 dollars is a bit much for not that great a difference in performance... certainly not enough to warrant the price difference...

For the same amount of money you could go with ATI's 9500 pro or for a little more cash the 9700pro which outperform nvidia's 4200 and 4600 respectively.

Originally posted by Kafros
For the same amount of money you could go with ATI's 9500 pro or for a little more cash the 9700pro which outperform nvidia's 4200 and 4600 respectively.

I would say the same but the poster asked for 4200 v/s 4600... perhaps not an ati fan :)

FYi... the 9500pro's performance is on a par @ base levels with the gf4 ti 4600 @ the 4200's price point... and with aa and FSAA it is FAR better...

I would go for this one :)

64Mb ABIT Siluro GeForce 4 Ti4200-OTES TV Out/DVI/Dual

Powered by the NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti4200 GPU
3.6ns 64MB DDR
TV-Out/DVI-I on board
ABIT Engineered Outside Thermal Exhaust System (OTES) on board
Ultimate VGA Cooling Solution provides the best performance and
prolongs graphics card life

OTES (Outside Thermal Exhaust System)
A wide copper conductive base absorbs heat efficiently from the GPU,
conducting thermal energy to the heat pipe and the fin heat-sink to
rapidly dissipate heat
Heat Pipe technology
2 ball-bearing high speed fan produces a powerful side airflow effect
OTES delivers V.V.E.F. (Virtual Vacuum Exhaust Fan) technology,
forming a vacuum-sealed environment to completely exhaust heat
OTES lowers operating temperatures, adding stability to your PC,
prolongs product life, and delivers the best performance available

Side airflow
7200 rpm (Generic GPU cooler: Max 5400 rpm)
2-Ball Bearing Fan
A convergence cover collects thermal energy to
transfer heat without any loss.
V.V.E.F. (Virtual Vacuum Exhaust Fan)

39789.jpg

:cool:

with so many games using higher mem using textures.. I don't recommend getting a 64mb card...

@ high res you WILL notice a difference in performance...

Get a 128MB card, and I would go for the 4400. It's right inbetween, works very, very nicely.

Originally posted by Nick M
Get a 128MB card, and I would go for the 4400. It's right inbetween, works very, very nicely.

IMO 4200 > 4400 in terms of bang for the buck... 128mb of course...

Well, there are slight differences in them, and it probably is, price wise, but eh :D

I have the Asus GeForce4 Ti 4200 128 MB DDR (AGP 8X) card with an Athlon 2400+ processor. Nothing is overclocked on my system, and I benchmarked 11213 on 3DMark 2001 SE, using all the default settings (1024x768, etc.). Now I know that benchmarks aren't everything, but I just thought I would give you an idea of how this card performs versus another card.

Melon

Nick M was right, if your wanting the Nvidia card and are struggling with this decision. Split it down the line and get a 128 4400. Hey, It's what I did and It's not a bad card. In this game there is always something better out there. Get what you can and jump right in.

Thanks for all the info I am a little biased towards Nvidia because it's all I've ever used, the 4200 I've been looking at is a 128 DDR 8x/4x with DVI & TV out it's only $169 <----:D ...the 4600 seems to have all the same specs, the site doesn't really show the performance difference though, price $262 :eek: ...so i think i'll end up with the 4200

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back