Gateway Solo 9550 XL

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by solutionsville, Dec 4, 2001.

1. Anyone have this brand and model laptop. There is a design problem that only shows up when in a DOS Full Screen Mode. It will display itself as horizontal lines running the full height of the display.

Gateway has 43 laptops sitting in Engineering hold waiting for approval for the repairs.

Just curious if any besides me thinks that 2.5 weeks is too long to sit on the bench....

2. Lonman

Lonman Bleh!

2.5 weeks ain't really all that. I had to wait over 6 years to get a decent operating system out of microsoft. I'm sure others had to wait longer. :p
  3. Akash

Akash OSNN Senior Addict

if its a known problem a 'reputable' company should give you a straight replacement
    Gateway exclude from that 'reputable' company so 2.5 weeks is quite a short amout of time :)
  4. I got a call from them yesterday, and they indicated that they do not have a fix for it, and do not know how long it will be... I will be looking for a refund and buy a different brand I think.

5. Re: Re: Gateway Solo 9550 XL

Murphys Law stikes again...

I called Gateway yesterday and they finally decided to replace my laptop. Well low and behold, I get a call about two hours later from the repair side stating my laptop was repaired and ready for pickup. What sucks, is now I will have to wait for another 10 days for the replacment.