Gaming mouse pad

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by ElementalDragon, Oct 15, 2004.

1. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon The One and Only

has anyone here used/heard good remarks about the C4-NGen gaming pads that are shown HERE ? kinda lookin for a good mouse pad that's under like 13 bucks. Also preferably not like.... hard plastic. like resting my hand on something soft. main reason i'm lookin for a new one is cause my MX1000 still has a wobble, the pads on the bottom don't seem to be evening themselves out like EP was so lucky to have occur, and...well... just want a new one. or maybe just to see what good pads are out there.

2. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

Right now I'm using the wonderfully high-tec glossy magazine mouse pad....

.Net magazine is usefull afterall :D

3. Mainframeguy

Mainframeguy Debiant by way of Ubuntu Folding Team

RMA or get an Ice Mat! Mine is smooth as silk outa the box!...

I love my ice mat!

4. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

I have no wobble at all now ;P

5. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon The One and Only

lucky prick. lol. Mainframeguy, how much does Ice Mat cost? can it be bought wit paypal? and.... u have the MX1000, right? guessing the cursor doesn't jump around with that one since u aren't flippin out about it yet.

6. Petros

Petros Thief IV

I bought an X-Trac, liked it for a while, but then it wore out very quickly. I bought the C4 mousepad and I liked it so much that I actually used my X-trac as a base and stuck it on top of it. It's truly an amazing pad. When you use them, you won't go back. He has pre-glued ones on his site with very heavy rubber matting. The non-glued pads on the C4 site (which have strong adhesive on the back) are excellent if you already have a hard surface, but they don't stick well to regular mouse pads. And the C4 surface doesn't wear out my mouse feet like the Ratpadz or the Xtrac.

Attached Files:

7. vern

vern Dominus Political User Folding Team

13 dollars? Add another 13 dollars and you get a nice fUNC surface 1030. It's made out of rubber unlike the popular ratzpad and doesn't feel as cheap. I have it, and I love it. It is very durable with two surfaces.

That is me sounding like a commercial.

8. homesick1337

homesick1337 Computer Lover

Can someone link me to a reputable dealer for a ICE MAT? Anyone got some good pics also of it?

Also why are they so popular?

Sorry I am a total noob and heard a lot about these ice mats recently from a friend and was curious what the general consensus is here on OSNN.net about them.

9. Mainframeguy

yeah I will do it - WHEN my main rig is working again! (not going to have time to so pics here with laptop etc etc getting my main rig running is a total priority at the moment because it has Visual Studio on it and I need that to do some work!!)

Remind me by giving me some rep points some time and pics and a critique of the Ice Mat will be done (PK asked me to do it a year ago actually! So I really must now someone wants the review!!!)

10. Mainframeguy

done

look here and then gimme some reps hey?

And ignore the wisecracks, huh? :eek: :( :mad: :rolleyes:

11. Mainframeguy

Sorry - missed this question first time around.... price was covered in my review - of course in sterling though. Expensive (I justified it by making it present plus knowing it was a "one off" because IF you stick with the ice pad it cannot wear out - only way it goes is if you drop it HARD!)

Anyway - still waiting for reps or anythign good from my review - maybe PK will come through? :p