Gamecubes £34.99 Limited stock.

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Teddy, Jun 23, 2005.

1. Teddy

Teddy Boogie Nights...!

2. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

I was 2/34rds of teh way thru ordering... ooh ooh
    I don't know, how can you not buy one for that price :D

3. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Electronica Addict Political User Folding Team

I'd get one just to play the new Zelda game, and RE4. You can't pass it up on that price! :D

4. Teddy

Teddy Boogie Nights...!

Do it!! :) The system has a ton of quality games.

5. mfarley

mfarley OSNN Senior Addict Folding Team

What new Zelda game? The one they showed at E3--I swore that was going to be designed for the new Nintendo Revolution and the scenes were simply cut sequences. If not sweet since we have a Game Cube and am not planning on picking up a Revolution when it comes out.

6. the_music_man

the_music_man aka prodj88 =P

there's no big diff between gamecube and revolution. it just seems pointless to get hyped up over something barely better. but i am very excited abou the new zelda. i can finally put my gamecube to use after not playing it for 3 years :-/

7. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Electronica Addict Political User Folding Team

Riiight.

Attached Files:

8. Hsn

Hsn King

Agreed. :cool:

9. vern

vern Dominus Political User Folding Team

Consoles have become so cheap these days that I now have all three. The games still kill you though. I'm catching up with all the GC games that I've missed. Hmmm ... Animal Crossing. Hmmmm ... Pikmin. :laugh:

10. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

They won't be cheap anymore soon enough :)
    Saw some kid in gamestation today, while I was picking up battlefield2, and he was getting a return of 50p per game on his Playstation games :eek:

11. the_music_man

the_music_man aka prodj88 =P

well its true. nintendo hasn't even announced if its HDTV compatible lol. and a few small percent of us have HDTV so its like the most pointless thing ever. the only thing cool about the new consoles is wireless connectivity and loading times....not so impressive IMO

12. Hsn

Hsn King

You can't really judge a console that is a year away from its release. Plus Nintendo is keeping Revoltion tightly under wraps so MS and Sony don't steal their ideas. They haven't even announced their specs yet! The one major announcement which was really cool was the fact that Revolution would be able to play ALL Nintendo games. That ALONE is a great reason to buy Revolution. :smoker:

13. Xie

Xie - geek - Subscribed User Folding Team

I believe they have released basic specs. They have NOT released any info on the controller which they claim will make the Revolution. :D The fact that it will play all N games is just icing on the cake.

14. Xie

Xie - geek - Subscribed User Folding Team

You've been beat down by the hype monsters of today. :p It's about the games man .. about the games. Nintendo is hoping to change gaming, not consoles. :)

15. Son Goku

Son Goku No lover of dogma

First, that seems a darn site better then the $99 I payed for my Game Qube when I bought it sometime back. Even doing the conversion

http://www.xe.com/ucc/convert.cgi

Second, as a current Game Qube owner, one thing I do have to say. I hope the controller on their next game console is just a tad bit bigger/easier to hold. My hands are a bit on the large side (as I'm a tad big boned), and it does make the controller a bit harder to operate (then say the one Sony bundled with the PS2)... Course there are other controllers one can buy, some which might be a bit easier for those who don't have small hands, to operate...

Third, why are we making a judgement on the Nintendo Revolution (which is about a year away), based is it on whether the Game Qube has HDTV support? I got my Game Qube over a year ago, and tbh HDTV support wasn't a big consideration (though what games would come out for the platform, then, was)... In a year's time, we'll see what it includes, and how it stacks up to the PS3 and XBox 360...

16. ray_gillespie

ray_gillespie Moderator Staff Member Political User

That's shameful, poor kid. He'd have been better off just giving them to a charity shop.

17. Khayman

Khayman I'm sorry Hal... Political User Folding Team

Don't temp me frodo!

18. melon

melon MS-DOS 2.0 Political User

I've been very pleased with my Gamecube. Not the largest game library, but I also typically only buy about a dozen games per console generation. I think I've got 8 right now, with about 4 I want to eventually buy. :p

Melon