Gamecube Sell!?

_DM_

OSNN Senior Addict
How much are the gamcubes now? Cause i'm in need for one.

GameCube

Actaully gamecube just took a price drop and its only 149$$

Isnt it obvious. Theres only so much Mario and Pokemon you can take and then getting left over games thats already out on other systems. If it wasnt for Metroid Prime I wouldnt have given them a second look and even that is missing some of the originals particular gameplay. PS2 & XBOX my first choice, just my two cents.

The only reason the PS2 and the Gamecube dropped in price is because Micosoft had no other choice but to drop the price of the XBOX to 199. It just was not selling at 299, and is still not selling well enough at 199 for XBOX to stay around, Microsoft is losing too much money on XBOX hardware, Nintendo is breaking even on each console sold at 149 and as old as the PS2 is, I hope sony is now making money on each console sold. If ithe XBOX does not start selling better in Europe and Japan then kiss XBOX goodbye. I bought a Gamecube on Launch and have been waiting on some games to be released, this year Nintendo is going to sell like crazy, starting with the realease of Eternal Darkness on Tuesday the 26th, Mario this summer, Starfox and Metroid Prime this fall. Zelda will be out in Feb 2003. No other console has titles that can even start to compare to Nintendos, 3rd party wise the Gamecube has all the hits that will be on Ps2 and XBOX. PS2 is and will always sell more than the other two only because it has games, and the reason it has games still coming out for it is because of the user base.

Yea i agree on catch only good thing about XBOX is Halo
for PS2 there good for there library
and gamcube is good for classical gaming, thats why i want a gamecube so bad cause i grew up with nintendo lol plus the good games are coming out this year I wana get Metroid Prime, Zelda, Perfect Dark, Pikmen, Mario Sunshine, Perfect Dark, Donkey Kong, Resident Evil, starfox, and supersmash bros melee. So I'm gettin one for sure...:)

To bad you dont live in the bay area..im selling one =)

X-Box is the best of the 3 consoles. Second is Gamecube. Last is that overpriced piece of shit the PS2. You can argue that it has some good games but the system is absolutely horrible. The controllers suck, the look of the system sucks, it only has two controller ports. I honestly have never found anything good about it. I'd pay $200 for a gameboy advance before a PS2.

Yes halo is awesome, but there are other good games out or coming out. Brute force, Splinter Cell(also for gamecube I think), Panzer Dragoon Orta(one of the main reasons I bought the system), Gunvalkyre, Jet Grind Radio Future, Blinx is looking promising, Shenmue 2, DOA3, Project Gotham Racing, Sega GT, MechAssault, Deus Ex 2, Morrowwind, Project Ego, All the Sega Sports Games, House of the Dead 3, I think Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution, and Halo 2. All of these are either great or look promising.

Gamecube has Metroid Prime, ................a Zelda that looks fun but nothing like I wanted it to be, ..........Star Fox looks ok depending on how much flying there is, Sonic Adventure 2, Resident Evil if your into bad control and horrible views, and not much else that I can think of although I am sure there are more.

Here is what I say to everyone. Let the PS2 die the death that the Dreamcast should have dealt it. Sony has already killed too many good consoles. First they killed the Saturn, then the Dreamcast, dont let them take out the x-box and gamecube. It would be like Intel without AMD. If sony wins I seriously don't like the way the industry would go. The true game companies should win not hardware companies like sony. They even ruin the companies they work with, just look at square, there SNES games are far better than any of their new games, they come out with a new final fantasy every year. RPG's are my favorite games, and RPG's like Grandia 2 and anything else by GameArts, Skies of Arcadia, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon Saga and any other Sega RPG, and various other RPG's are far better than squares offerings. All they seem to make anymore are movies with interactive elements and lackluster characters that have no character or are incapable of evoking emotions. I am a hardcore gamer with almost every system ever made so don't start bashing me and calling me biased.

Joe

X-BOX is king!

I would rate X-BOX King of power and performance, but for value, GameCube kicks its ass. Its got pretty good GFX (sadly, no AA), its 149 (cheap as hell), and is small! Plus, its got Resident Evil 1, 2, 3, 4, and 0 all coming out soon. But, Xbox is awesome, its my favorite by far.

Resident Evil is good, I have Code Veronica on DC. I disagree that it is the best game out though, and it does have very bad views. Also, the gamecubes are more comfortable but they arent perfect. The z button is in a horrible position and the face buttons are different. Also, the sticks aren't buttons.

hmm... _DM_ nice avatar. SAMUS RULZ!!!!!

love hearing stuff about GameCube, but read up to TerraHertz's post and quit readin this one. TerraHertz, this is the second place i've seen someone saying that GameCube mostly has games that are on other systems. Other systems have enough games that do the same thing. Look at X-Box for example. just about every other system when X-Box came out was releasing either THPS 3 or 4, can't quite remember exactly which one it was, and X-Box comes out with THPS 2x........ what's with that?!?!?! I am a true Nintendo fanatic. only nintendo systems i can think of that i didn't own are Atari (as far as i can remember, since it was too long ago), GameBoy Pocket, GBA, and that stupid "Virtual Boy" PoS that they came out with. other than that, i've had just about every one. I've played Every Legend of Zelda game except for the 2 that came out for that CD-i system from some other company. I can't wait for the new one to come out, The Wind Waker. i pre-ordered the game just for the bonus disc, and on there i saw the preview for F-Zero on GC, and it's the best game i've seen yet.

To sum everything i've just said up, i'd take a system that MAY not have the greatest graphics but has been around for many years over some stupid little console that you could turn into a PC with just buyin a keyboard and mouse. I admit, PS2 and X-Box have some games that i like, but....... not many.

(P.S. sorry if it sounds like i'm jus ranting and raving, but it jus makes me mad when someone dislikes a company's video game system which made the very first one ever.)

hmm... sorry for the double post, but i didn't even realize how old this thread is. lol. So, if anybody's views changed about anything, please post your opinions.

lol
this thread hella old. just got a gc like a year ago.:D
o btw thnxs

Your so right its old lol. I was sayng to myself did I write those harsh words last June:D . Gamecube has some great deals now. Oh and Metroid rocked.:)

Metroid ALWAYS owns. Samus could creamate any halo dude any time of the week. lol. and i'm sure Samus looks better too:cool:

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back