Frontpage Preview

Capricorn

OSNN Senior Addict
I can no longer Preview in the usual way with Frontpage, where the, Normal HTML Preview, is at the bottom of the window.

It goes to the Preview Page, but the hyperlinks don't work. If I select Preview in Browser from the File option, then the Preview works fine.

I expect it is an option somewhere that isn't working. I have run repair Frontpage, but it didn't make any difference. Any ideas please

I haven't used FP in quite a while, but don't you have to hold CTRL then click the link when using preview..? I think it's done to stop accidental clicking.

Thanks for that, however it worked OK without that before this problem. It was still working fine in Browser Preview. I tried every option I could think of, and in the end restored a point made before installing the latest Windows Update. After that everything is working fine again. Now I don't know if I should risk installing the latest Windowsd Update again or not. Decisions decisions!!!

If you want the Normal HTML Preview,at the bottom of the window....go to the top....choose Tools....then options....not page options...then uncheck the "Open Last Web Automatically when Frontpage starts.....in my Frontpage...it opens with a New Html Blank Page....maybe This is what your talking about

No, the HTML preview was working fine. It was just the Preview that wasn't. I installed the windows Update V4 again, just to check, and sure enough it locked the Preview Option again.

I have just gone back to a Restore Point again, and Frontpage is working correctly. I think I'll stay away from Windows Update for a few days.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back