Free Online Unlocking of Nokia Mobile Phones

Discussion in 'Portable Devices & Gadgets' started by BonyTony, Aug 6, 2003.

1. BonyTony

BonyTony Moderator

Just thought i would give a heads up on an online service that i just used and worked a treat.....Supports most new Nokia phones too.

Link to Gsminside.com here

2. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

Should note that this can void any warranties on your phone

3. BonyTony

BonyTony Moderator

I just used it on a 12 month contract (Now expired) Nokia 3650 ...but i guess for PAYG phones it might be handy.

4. ZAnwar

ZAnwar Guest

These unlockers are everywhere now.
    I got one aswell, an excellent program to whoever made it!

5. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

Looks interesting :)

6. Henyman

Henyman Secret Goat Fetish Political User

i just brought a sim free phone :p

will take any normal sim card from any network :cool:

7. Krux

Krux Nissan Powered

what does unlocking your phone do? can you overclock it or something? :) haha, no but really what does it do?

8. chris

chris Free to Fly

it just allows the handset to accept all simcards. Orange for one make it so the handsets that they supply with their tariffs can only use Orange sim cards, unlocking it means the phone doesnt have that type of usage protection.

i'm sure it does alot of other things, but thats the main thing i know of

9. Glaanieboy

Glaanieboy Moderator

My phone (Nokia 8110i) and my sisters phone (3410) aren't even in the list. Well, my phone is already sim-unlocked so I don't really care, but I want ti try it with my sisters' phone.

BTW, are you sure this works? Is it really that simple? Almost to good to be true. I can try it with some phones from work tomorrow.

10. jonifen

jonifen pffff...

the 8110 and 3410 are not DCT4 phones. You can only actually remotely unlock DCT4 handsets (3510i, 8310, 6100, 6610, 7650, 3650 etc - any phone with GPRS basically). You can download a DCT4 calculator from the Internet which allows you to unlock a DCT4 handset by entering the IMEI of the handset, selecting the model from a list and selecting what network it is currently locked to - it gives you 7 codes to enter, the 7th is the universal code (unlocks all locks), but if that doesnt work, the 1st and 5th are the ones to use (note: you only get 5 attempts to unlock a locked DCT4 phone by code - after this, its a cable job only).

11. Glaanieboy

Glaanieboy Moderator

Aha. I will keep that in mind.

I sent the link to work (I sell Mobile phones), just to see if we had any phones to spare. We still had a 3510 (not the i version) simlocked to the Vodafone Izi network. Because the imei-codes from the box differs from the phone itself, the phone could not be sold, because it only worked on a Vodafone network.
    Together with the store-manager, we went to the site, typed in the information about the phone, got the code, typed the code into the phone and voila, it worked! I never thought it would. This is great teh poopie, too bad your warranty is void when you do it.

12. Henyman

Henyman Secret Goat Fetish Political User

still a great tool :cool:

13. ussama25

ussama25 OSNN One Post Wonder

where can nokia c3 unlocked