free backup outlook express?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by fantasi, Sep 3, 2004.

1. fantasi

fantasi My Yngy is My HoneY! Folding Team

hi is there a program that i can use to backup outlook expresss. Doesnt have to be free but a shareware will be good enough as long as it does everything e.g. everything works but has 30day trial.

i want to back up everything, mostly incoming outgoing, trash, bla bla u know what i mean. i tried this program called 'outlook express backup freebie" bit dodgy. doesnt do the job. anyone know of any other programs?

thx

2. fantasi

fantasi My Yngy is My HoneY! Folding Team

oh wait..nvmd that dodgy program did work. had to put a file in before..nvmd..thx anyways

3. Howling Wolf

Howling Wolf We did not deserve this !

There's no need for an extra software to save your e-mails, address book and accounts, 3 steps using only copy/paste:

1- e-mails: save this folder C:\Documents and Settings\xxxxxxx\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{xxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxx}\Microsoft\Outlook Express\*.*

To restore them (all e-mails/folders), file > import > messages > outlook express 6 > import mail from an OE6 store directory (give path to where you saved them);

2- address book: save this file C:\Documents and Settings\xxxxxxx\Application Data\Microsoft\Address Book\xxx.wab

To restore it, file > import > address book (give path to where you saved it);

3- accounts: tools > accounts > choose account to be saved > export, you'll get an xxx.iaf file. Repeat the same operation with each accounts.

To restore it/them: tools > accounts > import > give path to where you saved the xxx.iaf

Et voila, you saved everything the surest way ;o)