Forums

Discussion in 'Site Problems & Feedback' started by JJH35, Dec 10, 2002.

1. JJH35

JJH35 OSNN Addict

similar to the question earlier but, im currently subscribed with www.directnic.com for webhosting, but it doesnt offer any kinda of scripting to create a forum , i currently only pay $30 a year for their service, is there ne thing ne cheaper or around that price that offers php or ne of the forum related programming, or if someone could tell me what kind of forum i could create using directnic?
    thanx

2. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

If they don't allow any server-side scripting language you're toast. You'll need one to use a forum. Some hosts will only allow Perl/CGI and with that you could run a forum. But I don't know of any good CGI forums. I'd move to a better host.

3. anewhope

anewhope Guest

What is included in the hosting? Do you have php, cgi or asp at all? There the only languages I can see that you could run a forum with..

4. JJH35

JJH35 OSNN Addict

well i looked around on the hosting i dont think ne kind of service is allowed, does anyone know any good ad free cheap hosting that allows php or cgi whatever i could use to run a forum

5. anewhope

anewhope Guest

6. JJH35

JJH35 OSNN Addict

thanx for the help

7. ReC0iL

ReC0iL Guest

Usually the only forums I use are the gamers.com forums. They are alright I guess :confused:

--ReC0iL

8. Nismo83

Nismo83 OSNN AZN Addict

how 'bout the forum in ASP?

9. aswettla

aswettla Guest

to make most PHP Message boards or all message boards that is they need to have a MYSQL Database component witch needs to be on a server that supports MYSQL.