Format utility

B

Blyx

Greetings everyone,

I just need to know if anyone knows of a good hard drive formatting utility. The utility should be able to work on any hard drive. I'm not talking about FDISK...I just need something to wipe the hard drive and prepare it for installation of an operating system. I don't need anything fancy...just something that works well. I'm planning on using just FAT32....

Thanks...OH, I neglected to mention that it should be DOS based...duh...anyway...thanks in advance.

I just lost my only boot disk with the generic format utility and I can't seem to find a replacement.

Thanks.
Blyx

if your loading xp or 2000 you shouldn't need to pre prepare it when you boot from the CD it will take care of the first partition as you set up, create all other from disk administrator after...........

Thanks for the responses everyone...

Anyone got the format.com file handy or something similar? I'm not doing this with XP...I know that XP has it's own formatting files...but I just need something for win98SE and such.

Thanks
Blyx

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back