Forgot password Login Xp

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by speedrayo, May 27, 2003.

1. speedrayo

speedrayo OSNN Addict

How enter my Login Xp? please Help me out Thx

2. If you mean by logging on to your Windows XP account, did you create a hint? Did you read the hint?

If the hint did not help you, (Are you a admin on the machine?), ask some one who has admin accesses to log in and you can go to User Accounts and click your username and change the password to something else and then log off and try logging into your own one. Or if you have a password reset disk, put it in the drive and then click your name (on the welcome screen). There is a button to reset your password.

3. Boot into safe mode and log into the admin account and change yr password.

4. speedrayo

speedrayo OSNN Addict

I tried "administrator" with password...but i can't enter require password...so...how reset? where? i dont see any reset of password

5. Do what I told you.. boot into safe mode and log into the Admin account. then just go to control panel and change the password for yr user.

6. PseudoKiller

PseudoKiller Zug Zug

There is no way to reset the passwords in XP unless you have access. Asking for a way to reset the password when you dont have access is a guidelines violation.
    It is the whole point of having usernames and passwords on a computer. You shouldnt be able to just reset a password unless you are able to get into the computer, or else anyone can just reset a password for any account and get in.
    The only solution would be to reformat and reinstall the OS...

7. You could try that thing with the Windows 2000 boot disk but I dont know anything about it.

8. XP Abuser

XP Abuser Guest

actually if you know the administrtaor password you can reset any groups password i know cuz ive done it myself

boot into safe mode
    click administrator type in password go to user accounts and theres a change password thing... cant remember exactly but just play about in the users part and that wil reset it or just remove password in the account then get into your account and set new password

9. XP Abuser

XP Abuser Guest

sorry psuedo ignore the quote above thought you meant summin else

10. RabidPenguin

RabidPenguin Guest

Only works on Home Edition. ;)

11. RabidPenguin

RabidPenguin Guest

If it Is YOUR computer you could also try utility. I have used it on many occasions without any problems. If you do something wrong with it then you will have to start over with a clean install.

Like i said. Only use this if it is your computer!!

12. sboulema

sboulema Moderator

yep that disk does wonders, but a s said only use it on your won pc

13. PseudoKiller

PseudoKiller Zug Zug

Yeah... bypassing the passwords setup in Xp is a guidelines violation and now this thread is closed.

Thread Closed