For those of us that have driven Toll highways

Discussion in 'Green Room' started by celticfan11, Dec 24, 2005.

1. celticfan11

celticfan11 Moderator

Like the Massachusetts turnpike (Mass Pike), used here in this prank.

http://www.zug.com/pranks/turnpike/

I live in CT which is 1 state away from the Mass pike, and i concure i hate these tolls. Derek you should love this website.

2. Son Goku

Son Goku No lover of dogma

I have riden it before, but when my parents were travelling between New Jersey (where I grew up) and Maine (where they retired). I was a kid then, but was well aware. There were also tolls wrt the Garden State Turnpike, aka New Jersey, as well as (I think it was the George Washington Bridge), albeit only heading in 1 direction.

Yes they suck, and worse when the politicians lie about it. In the case of the Garden State Parkway, they told the voters the tolls would only remain in place till the cost of buildign the road was payed off. They lied. The road has long since been payed off, but the tolls have remained and don't ever look to be taken down. Due to this, the voters naturally aren't so ready to trust the state government when they say "it will only be temporary" wrt making money, and as such tell them to forget it every time such a proposal is made again.

Course, with politicans and the government, once they get used to any revenue stream, would they ever really get rid of it, even if they promised when it came up to a vote? Not really...

3. kcnychief

kcnychief █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User Folding Team

I use the Mass Pike excessively, but I have a Fast Lane Pass which a company I worked for years ago still pays for :p

That site is a bit funny, but kind of hard to believe. I suppose I can see the change ones working, but there is a red light/green light after your change has been read, and I don't see how that's effected by a piece of paper.

That guy is l8m3 :)

4. Xie

Xie - geek - Subscribed User Folding Team

Sounds like the NY State Thruway. After the road being paid off the toll was to be dropped, instead it was made permanent and tolls almost doubled. :D

5. celticfan11

celticfan11 Moderator

Try it out :) because i was wondering the same thing.

6. sean.ferguson

sean.ferguson Moderator Folding Team

haha - Classic!

7. kcnychief

kcnychief █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User Folding Team

bah, I went through the Turnpike a few times over the weekend, just used my Fast Lane :smoker: