Folders are set to read only

A

Awwjwah

I am going to post this here and in another thread because I don't know where to begin. I just recently noticed that all the folders on my XP machine are set to read only access. I don't know how, why or when this happened but i just noticed it last night. I tried to change it but cannot figure it out. Can anyone help or have an idea as to what to do?

The most recent problem I had was a system hang up on me while installing Unreal Tourny 2K3. The disc hung on a bad/corrupted file. Before that I havn't had a problem. I don't know where to begin or what to look for.

It's my home pc and I am the single user on it. It is XP pro and mMy account is set to admin level.

Well I went into safe mode and the folders are read only there as well. A friend who has been helping recommended a rebuild since even at that level under adin it is messed up. Any other suggestions?

Mine is also set to read only, always has been (i know other who have as well). So far its made absolutely no difference.
So unless your having a problem because of it, i wouldn't worry

hey kevin. Ok I checked that and the pane had everything checked. I went through unchecked and rechecked everything just to be sure but still no change. I notice this problem only with certain directories and it is really confusing teh heck outta me. I have a feeling I'm gonna end up wiping this system clean and re-installing. No biggie really excet for the wasted time of a reload.

I think this option isn't actually checked but grey tinted : it means some files within the current folder are set to read only, but not the whole content.

Mine also

And mine also is this way .. as far as I know its normal and I dont see why your busting your brain over it....... mine has always been this way I have been using XP in one form or another for well over a year and it runs fine with the so called read only folders? Only time a read only file is a problem is sometimes after backing up something to a cdrom.. and copy/pasting it back it sometimes makes the file a read only this is no good in certain things ie a game save file ... so then its just a question of highlighting the file/files and right click go to properties and changeing the read only option ...... other than that relax and stop busting your head over it ...;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back