flight 2004

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
anyone have any filight simulation programs?

I want to pick one up...never bought a game before:) what console should I get with it, or is the keyboard good enough?

This was a few years ago (~1997), but my brother and I used to play this amazing flight sim called ATF Gold (Advanced Tactical Fighters). It was made by EA, with a lot of input from Jane's, so it was extremely realistic. Gameplay was awesome, since you could fly almost every fighter, bomber and recon aircraft that the USAF had at the time, and every single aircraft behaved differently in terms of handling, speed, payload etc.
I haven't kept up with the latest flight sims since then, but if you're serious about it, I highly recommend getting a flight stick. The keyboard just doesn't cut it. =)

I play FS 2004 often, and yea you really need to get a stick. Most FS games now have many keyboard key actions that you can use in conjunction with your stick. You can play them without one, but you will get tired of it quickly. You can get a cheap flight stick for $30, or a very good one like I have for about $80 (Mine is a Logitech Freedom 2.4 GHZ joystick.)

The Force Feedback 2 is what I have and its excellent. MSFS2k2 or 2k4 are both excellent for your casual flight sim experience. Setting up your weather and flight plans to almost any airport in the world. I like to download aircraft and install them in the game which is really fun. As far as modern combat flight sims there are a couple I'd recommend. First I'd agree with NetRyder and suggest
Jane's USAF, in my opinion the top modern combat flight sim ever. 2nd- I'd rate F-22 Lightning 3, 3rd- Falcon 4.0 all are excellent. As far as WWII combat flight sims I'd suggest IL-2 Sturmovik, head and shoulders above the MS Combat Flight Simulator series.

perris said:
is the expensive stick worth the differance in price?
It all really depends on you. Is this something that your going to play allot of? My logitech stick is a cordless, so added expense there, and it has 10 programagle buttons + hat switch and throttle. I choose this one when I decided I wanted more than my Saitek, and my force feedback had. My Orignal Saitek died, but I do still have the Force Feedback Saitek stick whick I would make you a great deal on if your interested (just let me know and will give you full details on it).

Some of the differences between the cheaper sticks and the more expensive ones are "spring to center" meaning that when you release the stick it will automatically return to the center (aka wings level) position. For me there is nothing worse than comming our of a turn and not being able to return to level flight. Inaddition, I like my Logitech stick as I can control all my flight control right from the stick, gear, flaps, power, trim, airbrakes, brakes, viewing cycle, etc without even touching the keyboard.

It all boils down to personal taste. I myself, really want to get a set of foot peddles to go with my stick for rudder control (instead of having it paired to the alierons).

gonna pm you...might buy the whole package from you, including software

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back