fixing tables to show correctly in alt. browsers

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by 80proofgatorade, Oct 14, 2003.

1. ok...heres the deal. here is my page my page

it looks great in IE. but netscape and opera it just plain sucks. How can i get the empty tables cells to look correct on those browsers?

any hlp would be greatly apreciated...thanks/

2. j79zlr

j79zlr Glaanies script monkey Political User

3. j79zlr

OK, I take that back, the code is for the most part valid, the only invalid tag is the allowTransparency="true" tag, and there is no DOCTYPE declaration. The problem seems to be the spacer gifs.

4. X-Istence

X-Istence * Political User

Its cut up with ImageReady, thats all good except for the fact that it only creates site that look nice for IE.

I suggest you start from scratch, plan out properly, and write HTML for a alt browser like Opera or FireBIrd, if it works great in those, it will almost certainly work fine in IE.

5. well i started from scratch as suggested. someone open my site up in firebird and tell me how it looks

http://gatorade.phwelo.com

6. j79zlr

It is rendering correctly on Firebird now, the only thing that I would suggest is to use CSS for everything, you have the div sections defined, you should also use it for the images too ;)

and use lowercase for attributes,