FireWire Problems

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by moooo, Aug 31, 2003.

1. moooo

moooo Guest

I got another firewire card last night, and install this morning. When boot up i get an msg that is something like "2 pci slots are on same irq, press f1 to continue" so i press f1, and i try to install but its no working with plug and play. anyone know of a generic driver out there for firewire cards (its a 4pin card).

-Moooo-

2. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

you need to change location of the card to overcome the irq conflict.

3. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

That's odd. Two slots on the same IRQ shouldn't be a problem... But since it complains...

What hardware are you running?

4. moooo

moooo Guest

crappy box :)

origional 1.1athlon with 512 ram, windows xp
    well now it works i think , just no driver so i went and got a 6-4pin wire and hooked it up to other firewire card and it works fine :p just $35more than i wanted to pay

5. LeeJend

LeeJend Moderator

You said "I got another" did you delete the first firewire card before installing the new one or are you trying to run 2 firewire cards. A yes to either question could cause a problem with interryupt conflicts.

6. moooo

moooo Guest

i deleted the other one and installed different one, the other was only a 4pin, the new one is 6pins so its a little better (can hook up ipod to it, not just camcords)

7. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

should be able to hook up an ipod up to the 4-pin port. the extra two pins are only for power for devices that use the firewire port to power them and not an external plug or batteries.