Firewire card.......network adapter??/

H

HaxCode

Ok, my firewire card is showing up as a Network Adapter in my Windows Hardware????? I have a "no-name" card that is PNP. I had it installed and working fine only once.....then I upgraded to XP and it insists that it views it as a Network Connection........

????????

Hax

i don't know how other OS's handle firewire but xp lists mine as a network adapter, too. it works fine. what kind of actual problems are you having with it?

What kind of settings do you have yours at? because mine allows me to install networking and IP and all since it considers it a network adapter......

I simply can't get it to work.....when I hook up my VidCamera (sony TRV-330) it doesn't pick it up in any of my movie programs which I had been using for quite awhile last year before I uped to XP.

My computer gets REALLY slow when ever I turn the camera on and have it connected via FireWire.....just things like that....if I turn the camera off then everything is fine again....

Hax

i've never used my firewire for anything more than networking to my laptop so i don't know much about hooking up devices to it. i looked through sony's site and it says that camera is compatible with windows xp. i attached a pic to show you i don't have anything special installed in my firewire's connection properties, though i don't think the network part of firewire is related to the device aspect of it.

with the camera connected and on, go to the windows update site and see if they happen to have a driver update for the camera or your firewire card. otherwise i don't know how to solve your problem. maybe someone else will come along with ideas.

hey, with the camera connected and on, go into device manager... do you have any yellow "!" icons anywhere? does the camera show up anywhere? if so, under what category?

i have a usb digital camera that is picked up as a mass storage device... i plug it in and go to 'my computer' and it's right there and i pull the pictures off it. i haven't touched the software that came with it.

Thanks taurus...I haven't looked into these things only because I don't have the patience....when I mean my computer gets slow...it is like the day I uped to Windows 95 with only 4 megs of ram..........just to giveyou an idea...with it sometimes just stopping everything......

I will try what you suggested and check it out....I'mat work now but I will get back with ya'

Hax

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back