Firefox video problem

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Tuffgong4, Mar 19, 2007.

1. Tuffgong4

Tuffgong4 The Donger Need Food!!!! Political User

I don't know why but when firefox opens windows media player to play videos the video moves with the scroll. I believe it's only a wmv issue but I'm not sure. Has anyone else had this problem.

To sum it up and make it more understandable. If I'm watching a video with WMP in Firefox if I scroll the page the movie moves with it. I don't understand because I've never had this problem before.

Any help would be of course appreciated!!

Thanks in advance.

2. Khayman

Khayman I'm sorry Hal... Political User Folding Team

yeah, i've had this as well.

Not really thought about it too much, since my solution was to not scroll :)

3. Lee

Lee OSNN Proxy

4. Tuffgong4

don't think it was fixed, installed and still the same problem...gotta be a wmp problem and wmp problem only...like some plugin problems...it's driving me crazy.

5. Tuffgong4

my only reason for bringing this thread back is to ask if anyone else has these problems? If anyone else is having great video playback in vista with firefox 2.0.0.3? If so are you running any extensions?

i'm wondering if adblock plus is messing with my playback but it seems to still happen when I'm not using it as well.

I want to stick with FF but this is driving me nuts. Nobody even seems to help on the official mozillazine forums.

6. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

Yeah, I've noticed this too. It only happens for videos that play in WMP, not the ones on YouTube, Google Video, etc. I don't run across embedded WM videos that often, so it doesn't bother me much. Would be nice to find a fix though.