Firefox image rendering bug ?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by SPeedY_B, Jul 27, 2006.

1. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

Since I've been using Fx on XP (1.5.0.4 and now 1.5.0.5) I've experienced a small glitch with rendering images, and today I finally figured out what the problem is.

It seems that if an image is displayed on a page, at a different size to the actual image file, it simply does not display, instead filling the space with the colour of the first pixel in the image file (See attached file for an example).

Does anyone else have this problem? Or is my copy of Fx being a daft arse?

I've uploaded the example here: http://speedyb.osnn.net/Fxbug.html

Attached Files:

2. Luna

Luna OSNN Senior Addict Folding Team

I'm on 1.5.0.5 and xp64, this is how mine came out

Attached Files:

• test.PNG
      test.PNG
      File size:
      201.2 KB
      Views:
  3. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

works fine in my 1.5.0.4 on Windows Vista and my Parallels Desktop version of Windows XP

i would try wiping out or renaming your Firefox profiles directory and trying

4. Khayman

Khayman I'm sorry Hal... Political User Folding Team

works on mine 1.5.0.4 XPpro

5. SPeedY_B

Bugger.

Will try nuking the profile tomorrow. Thought it was a little odd I'd not heard about it before :)

6. gonaads

gonaads Beware the G-Man Political User Folding Team

I tend to have a similar situation on the computer at work. But it's more with the attachments (that are images) on the forums (this could be the same thing as yours). Since the attachment images are smaller than the actual image they do as you have shown SPeedY. Now every once in a while I will get one or two to show up again, but very seldom. This has been going on since the last update of the browser. It was when I updated to 1.5.04, and now with 1.5.05 it be the same. :(

Odd how at home it's just fine. Could be a profile thing, not sure. At home no other profile 'cept me. At work it get use by more than one person but there are no different profiles just as is, soooo??? Don't know what to tell ya. I really have not tried to pinpoint the problem yet. :s

If I find anything I'll post. Mmmmm Kayyyyy.

7. SPeedY_B

Finally got round to nuking my profile, and the problem still persists.

Any other ideas?