Firefox 3 Don't Look Right

Well Firefox's safe mode runs with no addons or plugins so it's good for troubleshooting.

As for trying a new profile look here: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_Manager#Windows

Basically you create a new profile while maintaining your current one. If it fixes your issue then there is a problem with your profile and my recommendation is to start fresh with a new profile and redo everything.

If it doesn't fix the issue then you can simply rerun the profile manager and delete the new profile.

Just make sure to backup your profile just in case. It's located in C:\Documents and Settings\[USERNAME]\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles

Why not re-install FF3 and see if it clears anything up? Just download it and do the install manually. It won't hurt anything.

Well Firefox's safe mode runs with no addons or plugins so it's good for troubleshooting.

As for trying a new profile look here: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_Manager#Windows

Basically you create a new profile while maintaining your current one. If it fixes your issue then there is a problem with your profile and my recommendation is to start fresh with a new profile and redo everything.

If it doesn't fix the issue then you can simply rerun the profile manager and delete the new profile.

Just make sure to backup your profile just in case. It's located in C:\Documents and Settings\[USERNAME]\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles

I created a new profile and ran it. Looked the same, in terms of the square box. So I went back to my normal one. I would reinstall firefox but it really was just installed like a week ago. That would also make me loose all settings and extensions and so on. Last resort.

What and why would it change, makes no sense to me.

Save your settings. Then you won't loose them :smoker:

It's supposed to look like zeke's.

Not sure what you are wanting it to look like.

If you look at the 2 attachments it will be obvious. :)

He's all upset because it isn't all curvy on the left side of the favacon. :D

Attachments

• square.jpg
    square.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 125
  • osnn.jpg
    osnn.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 122
Exactly, which I have not fixed yet. Though I have given up. I might just not care until the next time I need to reinstall.

It almost looks like you are using the old classic windows theme where everything has square edges.

I know, but everything (even with default Vista theme) looks like that, well in terms of Firefox. I tried everything mentions except for a total reinstall, I am lazy and I'd rather not, I can handle it for now.

I have not read of anyone else having the issue.

OK try this, open up Firefox's "Profile Manager" and create a new profile. Name it whatever you want, it's a test only anyway. Once you are done click your FF icon and the profile manager opens a little pop-up and choose the new profile. Don't import anything, just use it "as is". Use the same theme as your main profile, if it's the default theme then don't do anything. Now see if it's still the same. Also...

You can, now this is more extreme, create a new user in Vista. Log off and go in as this new user. Open/run FF3 and see if anything is different or the same. Since it's a different user profile it will not have/use anything from your other main user profile. It (FF3) will load as a "first time run".

Maybe something will show or not show. This way you can narrow it down.

What video card are you using, and what is the default handler for .png and .gif on your system?

Gonaads, I did that earlier on in this thread, with no luck. Though the new Vista user I didn't try.

I am using a 8800GT 512MB card and .png and .gif are windows photo gallery.

It almost looks like its not rendering the transparency of the favicon correctly.

It just me or is some sites missing the side bar on firefox 3, I noticed this on one of my sites. It is also missing on www.osnn.net, so i have to use the arrow key to scroll down. But on my site www.playfart.com the side bars show up fine. Does anyone else have this problem? On IE and safari they show up just fine.

forget it. I reloaded firefox and it works fine now.

Hmm, very odd is this in the linux version of Firefox?

No it on my vista premium home, it only happen that one time. It seems to be ok now.

You get the curved address bar by using a default Windows theme. I experienced this recently on my XP. I use a custom theme and the address bar isn't rounded. I switched to the default XP theme, restarted Firefox and the address bar was rounded again.

I don't know why you guys keep stating you get the curved bar by using the default themes. It does not make a difference, since I have tried that without any luck.

Nothing I have done has fixed it, not that I am caring much anymore but just updated the thread.

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back