Firefox 3 Alpha 5

Discussion in 'Macintosh' started by Geffy, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

Just read some rather encouraging information about FF3. The latest alpha has added a bunch of pieces that may well have it play nicer on Mac.

Amongst my favourite pieces of news is that the Password Manager, now Login Manager, will be able to tie in to system password managers like the OS X Keychain or Gnome Keychain. The other piece of news which is very welcome and way past due is FF3 supporting native OS X controls.

Unlikely I switch away from Safari, but its pleasing to see these features on their way.

Also FF3 will be using SQLite3 for their offline data store. I've not heard any news like this for Safari yet (not been looking) but it would be similarly nice if Safari were to make use of the CoreData OS X framework (also uses SQLite as well as binary or XML stores) to provide a similar feature.

2. zeke_mo

zeke_mo (value not set) Staff Member Political User Folding Team

I hate the password manager in firefox, is nice to look at all my friends passwords though

3. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Electronica Addict Political User Folding Team

Password protect the manager ;)

4. zeke_mo

zeke_mo (value not set) Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Thats the first thing I do when I install firefox on my computers, I rarely tell my friends about it though :laugh: