Firefox 3.1 not compatible with Hotmail?

Discussion in 'Windows Applications' started by Gigabot, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Gigabot

Gigabot OSNN Senior Addict

I'm using Firefox 3.1 and for some reason it's not compatible with Hotmail. Ever since Hotmail has launched the new version it hasn't been working with Firefox. I try clicking an e-mail but it won't work. Maybe there's some javascript issues or something. Am I the only one that experiences this with Firefox? I tried it on my sister's laptop and same problem occurs.

2. tdinc

tdinc █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User

3. nod32

nod32 OSNN Addict

Doesnt work for me either

4. Gigabot

Gigabot OSNN Senior Addict

Thanks for the confirmation tdinc and nod32. I'll have to stick to Internet Explorer to check my Hotmail now.

5. indyjones

indyjones OSNN.net Adventurer

weird using 3.0.5 and everything works....

6. nod32

nod32 OSNN Addict

I think its just the 3.1 beta.

7. Petros

Petros Thief IV

Hmm...I always avoid beta applications of things I commonly use. 3.0.5 works great, plus Stuffplug & A-Patch with the default MSN Messenger client is rox.

8. ep-ns19

ep-ns19 OSNN One Post Wonder

it's exactly that. The Hotmail site simply does not work correctly with Firefox 3.1 beta 2 as noted on these pages:
    https://wiki.mozilla.org/Releases/Firefox_3.1b2/RRRT
    https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=462428

The problem should be resolved in the next beta release as well as the final release of Firefox 3.1 whenever that one is available later in the year. In the meantime, stick to using Firefox 3.0.5.

or use Opera 9.6x. The Hotmail web site works okay with the Opera browser I'm currently using.