File Transfer in Trillian

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by topdawg, Jan 16, 2002.

1. topdawg

topdawg Guest

i have MSN and ICQ running in trillian but i cant seem to send ne files, they always cancel automatically. i can receive files. i am wondering where to configure my firewall to send files, like in ICQ it has a special section to select I AM BEHIND A FIREWALL.

p3 500
    320mb ram
    XP Pro
    Linksys 4-port Router
    Zone Alarm Pro
    Norton Personal Firewall 2002

2. segamil

segamil OSNN Addict

Trillian File transfer doesn't work

Hello all,
    I'd like to ask to raise this question again because like the earlier post on this forum, I am also unable to send files when I'm connected to MSN. I can receive files no problem but it always cancels when my friend tries to accept.

I'm using Norton's Internet Security and NAV 2002.. all set to default levels with ad blocking. I'd like to ditch Messenger alltogether but find I have to go back to it in order to transfer files.

I am running XP Home
    Athlon XP1800 1.53ghz
    MSI-K7T266 Pro2 mobo
    512mb DDR
    WD 60g HD 7200
    Lite on 24x CDRW
    ATI Radeon 7500 AIW 64mb
    Creative SB Audigy GamerX
    Logitech Z560 4.1, Epson C80 printer

Everything else runs fine except for Trillian on file send.
    Anyone come across this?

Thanks!

3. ZipTriX

ZipTriX Guest

You can not send files via MSN when using a NAT. It will not allow you too. Also, ICQ I don't have an answer for, sicne I have the same problem.

4. koko

koko Got Root?

same problem here with msn. i can receive files, but can't send. yes, i have a router and yes i've been to the official microshaft site looking for which ports to open. it still doesn't work.

5. ZipTriX

ZipTriX Guest

Let me repeat: You can not send files via MSN when using a NAT.