File Security Prog ?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by DragonHeart, Jun 12, 2002.

1. DragonHeart

DragonHeart OSNN Addict

Hi All,

Just a quick question can anyone recommend any good file security programmes which i could use. All i wish to do it lock certian folders so they cant be accessed or viewed as they contain senstive data, is thier any programmes out thier which would be suitable.

Also is thier a simple programme or software which will lock the computer while im away from the keys, Ie: where u just need to enter a password before u take control of the desktop again.

Any help would be apprieciated.

Many Thx :)

2. MiseryQv2.0

MiseryQv2.0 Guest

Ahh... The joys of NT...

If you disable "simple file sharing" you can change the access rights of a folder right from Xp itself...

3. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

& pressing the window key & L locks the PC until you enter your login password :D

4. steveklebs

steveklebs Guest

one you disable "simple file sharing" what do you do to change the access?

5. MiseryQv2.0

MiseryQv2.0 Guest

Right click > properties > security Remove all user names execpt yours and system... Of course you better have a password on your account... Anyone logged in as you has transparent access...

6. dubster

dubster Guest

FolderShield is the business mate

I use a little app called FolderShield. Folder's you add to it literally disappear; can't locate from file searching, dos or anything. It's well under 1 Mb aswell.

Get it from http://www.baxbex.com

You can make it password protected, or simply setup a hotkey combination to reveal/hide your "sensitive" folders,
    (from your girlfriend!) *grins*

Hope this is useful to some of you. ENJOY!!!!
    Jay_Dubster.

7. steveklebs

steveklebs Guest

thanks to everyone... very helpful programs ;)