Fight Night Round 3 in-game video on the Xbox360

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by NetRyder, Jan 7, 2006.

1. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

2. falconguard

falconguard Carbon based lifeform Political User Folding Team

The Roy Jones look-a-like got knocked the !@#$ out. Nice , which one is Bill?

3. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

The video clip I linked to is not from the Gates-Ballmer match, actually. This one was higher quality.
    If you want to watch that, it's available here: http://www.microsoft.com/winme/0601/26189/BillG-Fight_Night_mbr.asx :D

4. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon The One and Only

i have to admit that it DOES look pretty nice (though i'm not a fan of Xbox and anything with the Xbox name)...... but i think they have to stop making games so freakin shiny!

And..... did anyone else notice some of the flaws in the little "in-game" video? like when the guy does the hard left hook to the jaw...... in the first, full speed shot of the impact, it hits, and the guy stumbles to the side a step or two.... but in the slo-mo, he doesn't move at all, and the blood basically squirts out of his mouth. and also when he hits the floor..... there's no more blood, which there more than likely would be after a hit like that. can't have a wound squirt blood, and then nothing half a second later.

Again, just so nobody starts complaining to me.... it DOES Look nice...... it does...... just has some stuff that should have been sorted out a bit. TOO FREAKIN SHINY! it's like every single game so far that came out for Xbox has every single person, car, tree, dirt road, paved road, etc... covered in a tanker truck full of vegetable oil.

5. sean.ferguson

sean.ferguson Moderator Folding Team

Yeah I noticed a few, but really how real do you want games to be. After all thats what they are supposed to be... "games"

6. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon The One and Only

well..... they've gotten the graphics to look pretty damn close to lifelike. not really focusing on what actually happens when playing the game, to me, shows lack of focus from the creators. as if they just said "HEY, wouldn't it be cool to see blood SQUIRT from his mouth after a hard left hook?!". think Soul Calibur 2 had better contact and movement. maybe that's also because they didn't focus on slo-mo blood squirting and halogen lights at point-blank range for lighting.... and focused on more important things..... like attention to reality, and the occasional, yet often, panty shot. lol.

7. jimi_81

jimi_81 Moderator Political User

i agree. graphic work is a 10, jagged movements is a 5.

Not to steer the thread, but my favourite boxing game of all time: Evander Holyfield / Greatest Heavyweights for Genesis.

sure punchout was the innovator, but i found it waaay too easy

8. G-klef

G-klef OSNN One Post Wonder

u havent played the first fight night???**** that game was bomb

9. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Played the demo of this last night, had no idea what I was doing, but did get some sweet shots in :)

10. falconguard

falconguard Carbon based lifeform Political User Folding Team

kinda like your real life fighting skills,huh?:laugh:

11. ZeroHour

ZeroHour ho3 ho3 ho3

Me want it BAD, that with DOA 4 (out on Fri yipee)

12. Terrahertz

Terrahertz Extinction Agenda Political User Folding Team

Yup that genesis fighter I have fond memories of.:)