Fao: Important Information For Online Shoppers

Discussion in 'Green Room' started by SkazzyUK, Aug 5, 2003.

1. SkazzyUK

SkazzyUK XP-erience Oldie

Urgent!

I thought I would let everyone know that the website 'www.gamer.uk.com' has gone bankrupt.

I ordered some speakers from them last week for £72.00, it hasnt gone through my account yet, and I am hoping it doesn't.

I tried to call them up with the supplied London UK number they give you when you sign up, the number cannot be recognised.

I emailed them 2 days after ordering it (ordered a week ago today) and they haven't replied. I checked with company house and they are in recievership :eek:

Just warning you all not to order of the site, and they still update it for some reason, there is star wars galaxies pre-order in it.

Skazzyuk

2. jonifen

jonifen pffff...

nice heads up Skazz... seems strange for a bankrupt company to be updating their website still...

3. SkazzyUK

lol, star wars galaxies £2.50, the rest 50p each :p sorted :)

skazzy

4. Erbmaster

Erbmaster Moderator Folding Team

Hehe, Galaxies £2.50 where do we queue?

Nice heads-up Skazzy ;)

5. Henyman

Henyman Secret Goat Fetish Political User

/me starts his take over :p

6. rushm001

rushm001 In the beginning...... Political User

You should be alright if it does go through as your credit card company should be able to help. Something in the consumer credit act that says if the goods fail to arrive the credit card company is jointly liable.:)

7. rushm001

rushm001 In the beginning...... Political User

I notice the website is still up and running though!

8. SkazzyUK

Re: Re: Fao: Important Information For Online Shoppers

Erm ure wrong :( I rang them up and cos i have a solo and am 16 they cannot guarentee anything :eek: :(

Skazzy

9. jonifen

jonifen pffff...

:( debit cards dont have the same backup as credit cards as the money comes automatically from the bank with the debit cards (solo, switch, delta etc). I'm in the same boat as you - thats why I tend not to buy stuff online unless it's a big company (scan.co.uk, ebuyer.co.uk etc).

Although, there will be proof of the money being taken from the bank account (bank statement) with which you could lodge a complaint and may get your money back that way - but thats if it all goes wrong (fingers crossed it wont m8)