Failure Audit message??

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by roberto, May 24, 2002.

1. roberto

roberto Guest

Can anyone help me out with this?
    When I check the security events in Admin Toools..all but these 2 messages are fine, but I dunno what they mean or how to resolve them?

Event Type: Failure Audit
    Event Source: Security
    Event Category: Policy Change
    Event ID: 615
    Date: 24/05/2002
    Time: 08:38:05
    User: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE
    Computer: GANDALF
    Description:
    IPSec Services: IPSec Services failed to get the complete list of network interfaces on the machine. This can be a potential security hazard to the machine since some of the network interfaces may not get the protection as desired by the applied IPSec filters. Please run IPSec monitor snap-in to further diagnose the problem.

Event Type: Failure Audit
    Event Source: Security
    Event Category: Policy Change
    Event ID: 615
    Date: 24/05/2002
    Time: 09:53:10
    User: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE
    Computer: GANDALF
    Description:
    IPSec Services: IPSec Services failed to get the complete list of network interfaces on the machine. This can be a potential security hazard to the machine since some of the network interfaces may not get the protection as desired by the applied IPSec filters. Please run IPSec monitor snap-in to further diagnose the problem.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Tried this but they have no info??

2. xsivforce

xsivforce Prodigal Son Folding Team

Only thing I could find so far:
    If you don't want these events, disable the Welcome screen and use the Classic logon screen.

Or turn off auditing of logon/logoff events:
    If you have XP Pro, open gpedit

Navigate to Local Computer Policy \ Computer Configuration \ Windows Settings \ Security Settings \ Local Policy \ Audit Policy

Double-click Audit logon events and clear the Success and Failure boxes.

Press OK.

3. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

thats what I would say as well.

Hey xsiv, like the sig

4. xsivforce

Thanks gt. :)

5. roberto

roberto Guest

thanks guys,
    the thing is I have XP Home Ed., and I dont wanna take off the welcome screen as my wife uses PC for her stuff.

Im not a whizz on these things but i'm trying to learn more stuff on diagnosing my own probs instead of relying on muppets at these call centres and customer services whio dont know their arse from their eblow!
    I cannot find anything on the bit..'IPSec monitor snap-in to further diagnose the problem. '??

anyone???

6. xsivforce

Look on this page. Scroll down a little. It will tell you about IPsec snap-in.