Eye Candy 4000 problems

Discussion in 'Desktop Customisation' started by lieb39, Nov 15, 2003.

1. lieb39

lieb39 Apple lover, PC User

Hi Everyone,

I am using Photoshop 7.0 on a windows xp pro machine, with Eyecandy 4000 being the only 3rd party plugin. Whenever I try to get any filter on any layer, whether text or brush, and I go to the menu, the first control is always 0, for instance, for the glass filter, bevel width is 0, and I can not change it by moving the bar or entering it manually. This is the same for all the filters. I have tried to find a solution on the internet but failed. I tried reinstalling, no luck. I tired to remove every trace of eye candy and than installing, no luck. I tried installing on my desktop, worked for a while but than the same problem came back up. Anyone ever have this problem?

-lieb39

2. Leevoy

Leevoy Guest

Never had ne problems with 4000 or xenofex.

3. Jewelzz

Jewelzz OSNN Godlike Veteran

Hmm, I can't get Eyecandy to load with PSP 8 :(

4. Leevoy

Leevoy Guest

Don't think it was written for psp. It works on photoimpact, adobe ps elements and I spose adobe photoshop.

5. Jewelzz

You can use it with PSP ... before this last format, when I installed Eyecandy, it asked with which program I wanted to use it ... PSP or Photoshop. This time is didin't ask and I don't have Photoshop loaded.

6. Leevoy

Leevoy Guest

Copy the plugins from your othe rapplication and copy them to psp plugins folder. Try that first.

7. Leevoy

Leevoy Guest

Just downloaded the psp v8.1 trial. Went to my photoimpact folder where I have eye candy 4000 installed, copied eyecandy4000 folder from photoimpact plugins folder dropped it into psps V8.1 plugin folder and it works o.k. Tested a couple of plugins in psp and seems o.k.

Dunno if you tried that it should work.

8. Jewelzz

Yah I did, thanks Leevoy :)

I was too stupid to think of that

9. Leevoy

Leevoy Guest

It works ok now?

You're not stupid! Never put yourself down.

:D :D :D :D

10. lieb39

lieb39 Apple lover, PC User

Ummm guys... can we get back to my problem? ;) haha

-lieb39

11. Jewelzz

Oops, hijacked your thread, sorry