Extreme Help Needed!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by demon4870, Feb 15, 2002.

1. demon4870

demon4870 Guest

I attend a university where we have a T3. All of a sudden my connection decides it wants to download slower than dial-up. While yet my roomates computer 2 feet away downloads at close to 800k/sec. I thought I screwed up some settings in my registry so I formatted and re-installed and yet its the same ol' $h!t. So I checked into it and i pinged various websites in MS-Dos and they ping normally under 100. :confused: I checked my either-net cable and everything. I think it has something to do with my settings so if anyone knows anything about network settings PLEASE!!!!:D REPLY

2. Qumahlin

Qumahlin Moderator

Have you been downloading heavily? I know at my University those in the dorms who download and share alot have had their connections throttled and temp slowed down...and they can do this cause my friend had his connection slowed ALOT when he was downloading tons from everyone who had shares on their comp

3. Alliedsvcs

Alliedsvcs Guest

i agree. they did that to us a GA Tech. try plugging into your roomate's data port and see if you speed increases.

4. Lactic.Acid

Lactic.Acid Guest

Or *gasp* call your University's Networking Service and they can generally look and see if there's something wrong with your connection. These things aren't magically perfect once your cable is through wall, and technicians f*** up when working in patch panels and switches. There may also be some setting they use on their network that isn't standard.
    /Lactic