Extra User Account

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Ferral_Imp, Jul 25, 2004.

1. Ferral_Imp

Ferral_Imp Moderator

Ok maybe someone can tell me what's going on here. I went to change the password on my one and only user account on this comp (outside the main admin account which is only available via safemode and doesn't appear under the user account list) to discover there was another account listed under the user accounts area. This new account doesn't appear on the welcome screen, is a limited account and is password protected. I've ruled out the possibility that it could have been created by someone else as no one else has used my computer since I reformatted it, and I've ruled out any known viruses as nothing came up on a system scan. The name of the account is ASP.NET MACHINE A... if it helps.

Thnx for any help on this.

2. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

Nothing to worry about. [​IMG]
    It's created when you install the .NET framework to run any .NET applications. The account is required to support ASP.NET development on your local machine with IIS.
    If you don't do any ASP.NET development, you can delete the account if you really want to (it doesn't have any adverse effect), but I'd just leave it there. As I said, it's nothing to get concerned about.

Ferral_Imp likes this.
  3. Ferral_Imp

Ferral_Imp Moderator

Thnx for the quick help NetRyder >:D<

4. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

Not a problem. [​IMG]

5. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

Yeah, what NetRyder said. I deleted the account.