Express Plus 1.0.49 - The Fast and Great Alternative To Outlook Express

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Scorbing, Jul 15, 2002.

1. Scorbing

Scorbing Guest

This client rocks people. Smooth, clean interface. Very fast loading, not a memory hog and best of all - NO %$#$ Messenger popping up without your authorization!!!

It can also see the messages on the servers without having to download them - something Outlook Express cannot do.

The only thing I find needs improvement are the mail filters. They are not as good as Outlook and OE, but they are nice.

If you are unhappy with Outlook or Outlook Express then this is for you.

Get it here: www.isbister.com

2. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

I'm not sure about this download...when I tryed to install, the program went into "looking for previous' mode, with no cancelation of install...whenever I see something installing without a cancellation, I force my computor down.

I'm not recomending anyone try this program, until someone we know tries this program

please don't take offense scorbing, just being prudent

3. JJB6486

JJB6486 Retired Mod Political User

Iceman38 & Dealer

This post doesn't violate forum guidelines in any way. The website supplied does link to a pay product, but the downloads are legitimate demos, and nowhere is a crack/unlock mentioned to get full features without paying for the software. This post is perfectly within guidelines, do not edit it.

And if anyone is looking for a completly freeware mail client, check out FoxMail

JJB6486

4. Perris Calderon

ha, I had no intentions, and I'm sure I won't be using my super powers soon...I'm saying I don't think anyone should try this download until someone we know tries it first..like I said, there is no opt out, once the install begins...that should give anyone pause

5. ZipTriX

ZipTriX Guest

I use Pocomail pe. I installed it on a zip disk, so now I don't have to reconfigure it after ever format. lol

6. Scorbing

Scorbing Guest

You must have done something wrong because I have WinXP Pro and it installed beautifully. Get the latest version. Believe me, I tried this software and I kept it. I dumped Outlook Express. Express Mail is super fast and reliable.

7. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

If it is a demo how much are they asking for it? How long will it work before locking up?

8. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

I'll stick with Outlook. =)

9. Perris Calderon

scorbing...I didn't do anything wrong, I'm saying any program that doesn't let you cancel the instalation is wack, and I don't trust it...I'll tell you this also...even though I forced my box down, I'm sure I was too late, cause on reboot, my firewall went nuts...I'm telling everyone that this download doesn't look like a good idea so far

10. madmatt

and dealer knows his stuff. thanks for the head's up bud =)

11. Perris Calderon

madmatt, thanx...I'm not sure about this program, I'm just saying it doesn't let you cancel...it might be fine otherwise, I don't know...I did a restore on my box, and I took care of my firewall, but like I said, I'm not sure.

jj's post on foxmail looks great...very small, looks and feels just like eudora pro...gonna try that too

12. madmatt

I agree, any installer that doesn't allow you to cancel the setup once started seems fishy. And your firewall acting up on reboot is just another reason to stay away, or at least in my opinion.

I've used Outlook for so long and I'm not ready for change. However, let me know how FoxMail works out.

13. niabi

niabi Guest

you guys still seeing those black helis around?

:D

nIabI