Explorer.exe using a LOT of memory

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by w00kiec00kie, Sep 24, 2004.

1. w00kiec00kie

w00kiec00kie OSNN Addict

So it used to use around 15-20megs on a regular fine day, then I noticed it has been growing over the 3-4 days to a gigantic 100mb memory usage, and 150mb VM usage.
    I've checked Adware, Virus, etc, but the computer seems clean...
    Anyone know what could be wrong? :confused:

Using winxp sp2 w/ latest patches..
    (Should make time to install the new ATI driver + Slackware, but never seem to get around to it..) :confused:

2. Taggert_LOA

Taggert_LOA Modding Addict Political User

check to see how many explorer.exe you have running. i had a bug that had me running 2 at the same time.

3. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

there was a bug with C-Dilla a while ago which could cause this, most common occurance was if you also had Norton AV Corp installed though other things could do it as well, usually fixed by updating to C-Dilla 3.57 or something like that, or of course by removing C-Dilla

4. w00kiec00kie

w00kiec00kie OSNN Addict

I've only one explorer.exe running, and I have no idea what C-Dilla is. But I am running the Norton Antivirus Corporate Edition... Time to upgrade to something else..?

5. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

check your system (search should be fine) for anything called cdilla or c-dilla

6. falconguard

falconguard Carbon based lifeform Political User Folding Team

c-dilla is the secure rom feature for games, basic encryption on games. disabling this will cause some games to not work properly