ess allegro

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Franky, Dec 5, 2001.

1. Franky

Franky Guest

Hi

I have this box an amdk6 2 witch I use for webdesign but I like to hear some music doing this you know BUT whenever I scroll or use the sidebar in IE6 it scrambles my music :( I updated my drivers with the latest but no go even I even had to roll back because they where wors then the once I had I got ess allegro for a sound system it came with my compaq presario 7478 running xp for 5 month's now and alway's scrammeld music even after a complete reinstall aka format c: :rolleyes:

does any of you guess know wath to do

Greetz Franky

2. Lonman

Lonman Bleh!

I'm impressed you got XP running on that K6. XP is really next generation and systems will really need to be built to accomodate it rather then vise-versa. My guess is that your issue has to deal with the "C" word - compatibility. If everything else is working ok, get a radio.

3. JJB6486

JJB6486 Retired Mod Political User

I have the same problem on my Compaq Presario 7478 with the ESS Allegro sound drivers/chip. I have not found a fix for that yet, and it is REALLY annoying.

I run WinXP with no noticible slowdown on a 533MHz K6/2, 256MB RAM Desktop and a 333MHz K6/2, 160MB RAM Laptop.

On the Desktop, i have had no problems with drivers, and the comptuer as a whole (Compaq Presario 7478) is listed on Microsoft's HCL for WinXP. The laptop's (Compaq Presario 1260) internal 56K modem does not work because of driver/BIOS conflicts, but i just swiped a 56K PCMCIA modem from work and that one runs fine.

JJB6486
    Networking Forum Moderator