Error while loading MSN Messenger

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by winxptwker, Jan 16, 2004.

1. winxptwker

winxptwker OSNN One Post Wonder

Hey! A nice new forum layout. I have been absent from this site for some time now I am back. Because my orginal account got lost in the disaster (sp?) I read on the announcement forum. I was Jason Roberts but now winxptwker. :D

OK to the problem.

I have downloaded the latest version of MSN Messenger (I was informed by the client already installed on my computer). Upon installing it and opening the client window, I get this error as shown in picture.

I have re-downloaded it again and then uninstalled and reinstalled but no sucess :(

What is wrong?

Attached Files:

2. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User

Hmm... normally the error message would recognize what specific .DLL is missing. In your case, it doesn't. Right now, my best advice is to do a system restore if you have a point available before you performed the upgrade. If you don't have a restore point, then we will probably need to find out what .DLL is needed and how to get it back. I imagine that it is on the XP disc, but I'm not sure if the version changes with upgrades.

3. winxptwker

winxptwker OSNN One Post Wonder

Never mind. Solved it. It was the Messenger Plus! program. it was missing some dll files so I uninstalled it and then restarted and then reinstalled it. Good to go! Thanks any way. :)