Error Message

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by mick42, Dec 18, 2001.

1. mick42

mick42 OSNN Addict

Hi to all,I am new to the forums,I am running Home XP.After downloading mail in Outlook Express and finished reading when I click on close program,I get the following.MSIMN.EXE-Application Error.The instruction at"0x77f52004"referenced memory at"0x007f4490".The memory could not be "written".Click ok to terminate the program.The numbers change every time I use OE(Error Message).Anyone got any ideas and to put right.
    Cheers and merry Xmas.

2. beatlesdb

beatlesdb Guest

WELCOME :)

It sounds like there is a problem with Outlook Express and the way it connects to your mail server.

How is your machine configured - do you dial-up to get your mail or are you on cable? Network?

Do you check multiple e-mail accounts or just one?

It sound like Outllok Express is loosing the network conncetion and not getting a chance to time-out before you close it - giving you an error.

After you check your mail - try leaving it for a few minutes and then closing it - and see if you still get the error.

Hope this helps :)

3. mick42

mick42 OSNN Addict

Sorry been a while to reply,been busy,anyway,I have dial up connection,one e-mail account,this error message only happens when I delete e-mail messages and then close OE.I have tried giving it some time before closing OE.Any more suggestions?.Bearing in mind I am not an expert with PC's,so any advice in laymans terms please.
    Cheers.