E6600
Abit Ab9 Pro
2gig Corsair ddr2-667
Seagate 320 GB 7200.10
7600 GT
Hiper 530W PSU
Benq 1655 DVDRW
all in one floppy and flash card reader

The error code that I get is 52 on the LED screen on my motherboard. For the bios I have it says Test all memory (clear all extended memory to 0)

I've tested both memory chips in both slots, have cleared cmos and still gets stuck at this code. Any help would be appreciated. I'm going to clear cmos and pull battery for 5 minutes and see what happens.

If not already doing so, make sure to disconnect the power supply when you pull out the cmos battery.

ahhhh...I totally forgot to do that...I'll give that a go and check back in...Bears' game is on and just kickin butt so I"m watching that.

ok weird thing...comp boots up just fine with keyboard and mouse in ps/2 ports...but won't boot with them plugged into usb ports

well the stange thing is the board works fine with the ps2 ports plugged in but if I plug the keyboard mouse in the usb ports on the back the computer won't get passed 52. Also I have tried both mem chips in all slots and the only thing that keeps it from working is the usb ports on the back.

ok I tried two different peripherals in the back usb ports and have had no problem. As soon as my Logitech MX3000 keyboard/mouse gets plugged into the computer it can't recognize it...this problem is strange...

ok I know this isn't a hot topic but I just think it's so weird I need to keep writing about it.

I understand if the MX3000 desktop were just dead but it's not. it works with the ps2 ports. I found an older logitech keyboard and when plugged in the computer boots just fine. I never heard of a defective USB desktop stopping a computer from starting and keeping me at a memory error. It's really weird.

Could be motherboard but I really think the desktop just went dead when connected via usb...rma time.

is USB performance of a mouse and keyboard that much greater than ps/2 mouse performance. I'm guessing yes but I've never seen any definitive reviews of this?

Any help would be appreciated.

I use PS/2. Why? cause its for mice/keyboards, why waste a USB port for a device that has it's own specific port.

that is what I'm starting to learn. I'm also not noticing any difference whatsover. I play games but I'm not some gamephile that needs that extra millisecond.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back