Error BootXP

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Sweens, Mar 6, 2003.

1. Sweens

Sweens Guest

Hello,

For some time now every time I start XP I am having a message about an error concerning BootXP v2.30 RC1 (See attached file).

Don't know what it means, nor to solve it.
    Can someone help me out, please ?

Thanx and greetings

2. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User

I'm assuming that you have XP installed on the D: partition opposed to C:? Otherwise, it's looking for the file in the wrong place. Is the program actually working, or are you having to shut it down each time when you restart due to this error?

3. jroc

jroc Guest

seems you installed BootXP v2.30 RC1 to the D: Drive...and the program is looking for the bootup screen..seems you will have to reinstall the BootXP v2.30 RC1 again....if you unistalled it..then something is still left in the registry...and looking for that .exe file in the D:

4. Sweens

Sweens Guest

Xp is installed on D:\
    BootXP too. Logoos.exe is in the system32-folder.
    The program is working and I don't need to reboot.
    Can simply click the message away.

But on every start / reboot it shows up again.
    Tried to reset Kernel and save new boot.ini. Doesn't help.

Any suggestions ?

Thanx again

5. muzikool

Since the program works anyway, have you gone into msconfig to see if you can disable Logoos.exe from starting up? I actually found part of a description for this problem in a Google search, but then the page couldn't be found. I couldn't get enough from the Google search result to tell you anything worthwhile.

6. zyfos

zyfos Resurrected

http://www.fvip.net/bootxp/

According to that website, one of the updates to version 2.25 was an option that could maybe fix your problem.

6.- Added a "Reset Your Kernel File" button in options page that will be overwrite your LOGOOS.EXE file with a fresh copy of NTOSKRNL.EXE file (useful in case of kernel corruption).

Mess with that and see if it does anything for you.

7. muzikool

Thing is that Sweens has 2.30 installed. I suppose that a downgrade could solve the problem... :confused:

8. zyfos

zyfos Resurrected

I would assume that they would keep that feature in all versions after v.2.25. I could be wrong tho. :blink:

9. Sweens

Sweens Guest

Correct, v2.30 has this feature. Tried it with no succes.

Thanx for all the support so far.
    Will give it a try to reinstall BootXP