English Mac OS 9.2

Discussion in 'Macintosh' started by Ake Mortsell, Apr 6, 2006.

1. Ake Mortsell

Ake Mortsell OSNN One Post Wonder

During the past 3-4 years I have collected, upgraded and shipped approx. 40 Mac to Africa. I have also been there to hold seminars. Now someone donated 3 iMac 600MHz, and the English OS 9.1 I have is not good for these iMac! They have all a Swedish OS 9.2 - so I guess i need an English copy of 9.2! Unfortunatley Apple dont sell OS 9 anymore, so I ask if there is someone out there having a install CD of Mac OS 9.2 suitable for these old iMac?
    Since all other Computers they have (in Africa) are running on OS 8 ocr 9, I hesitate to confuse them with OS X. Please send me a line if you have a OS9.2 CD!

2. Shamus MacNoob

Shamus MacNoob Moderator Political User

bit torrent is your friend

3. X-Istence

X-Istence * Political User

OS 9.1 should run on these computers. If anything, I would consider contacting sales at Apple and explaining your problem, maybe they would be willing to help out with your problem. If not, your best solution would IMHO be to contact ElectronicPunk, and explain to him, and ask him (from me) if it would be possible to get a news post done to get more attention.

4. Techno Child

Techno Child web{designer} Folding Team

i would go ebay. if they have it more than likely you won't pay much since it's so outdated... however, won't a "classic" system folder be good from mac os x? big file, don't know how i'd get it to you though...

5. X-Istence

Classic system folder won't help.

6. Techno Child

Techno Child web{designer} Folding Team

kk... didn't think so now that i'm looking at it... other than ebay, i would check and see if your state has a computer recycleing center... they usually get software for all comps.

7. Ake Mortsell

Thank You for your reply! It's not easy to find an English OS in Sweden, and I would really appreciate if you could help in this matter. I do this on a volontary basis, (collecting and shipping Mac's to Africa) and a suitable Mac OS CD could be maild to me. I could of course return some $ cash for the trouble! Please let me know!

8. X-Istence

Contact ElectronicPunk, he said he was more than willing to help out, he can get you the news post!

9. Ake Mortsell

How can I get in contact with "ElectronicPunk" - Address?

10. X-Istence

Send him a private message.