EISA Configuration Access

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by percy, Jul 8, 2006.

1. percy

percy OSNN Senior Addict

Hi. I am about to reformat my Sony PKG-K33 and when I bought it it did not come with cd's that has the OS or drivers. I ran diskmgmt.msc and it has this 5.01 GB NTFS / Healthy / (EISA Configuation) which I think is where the drivers and OS are saved. How do I access this? thanks.

2. Luna

Luna OSNN Senior Addict Folding Team

Most Sonys make you burn your own recovery CDs. Usually there is an application on the start menu that allows you to do this.

Likewise, if you were lucky enough to get a restore image / partition I would watch the computer while it's booting up. You may see an option for System Recovery or Restore when the BIOS screen appears.

3. percy

percy OSNN Senior Addict

Ok, I will check it out. Thanks.

4. kcnychief

kcnychief █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User Folding Team

If it is still under warranty, you could also call their tech support as they could provide you with step-by-step instructions or send you a CD if applicable :)

5. Mainframeguy

Mainframeguy Debiant by way of Ubuntu Folding Team

this is a dumb post - but for the benefit of others like me the Sony PKG-K33 is a laptop... I have no idea what EISA is though :( and I feel lazy today so if someone could fill me in on that with their own google that would be neat though
    :p