EFnet ports

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Henyman, Jan 7, 2003.

1. Henyman

Henyman Secret Goat Fetish Political User

basically i'm trying 2 get round skool block on ports so i can get onto the chatroom. i have a chat client i have made here that isn't filtered by the school word filters. however they still block the posts such as 6000. i have tried outher servers with diferent ports (such as ports 7777 9999 6594 ) but no joy. is there anyway i can reroute these ports through anougher such as port 80?

2. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

possibly the easiest way your gonna get onto IRC through a filter is to use a CGI:IRC client, the only one i know that points to EFNet is http://chat.rt.ru ... bu i remember you saying that your school blocks anything with "chat" in the title, so thats not much use.

Have a look on google tho, there may be other CGI:IRC clients that have access to EFNet.

3. Henyman

true they have filtered the word "chat":mad: i did a port scan + came up with:

Open and Unsecure!
    21 (FTP)

This port is not being blocked and there is a program accepting connections on this port.

Secure
    23 (Telnet)

This port is completely invisible to the outside world.

Open and Unsecure!
    25 (SMTP Mail Server Port)

This port is not being blocked and there is a program accepting connections on this port.

Open and Unsecure!
    79 (Finger)

Open and Unsecure!
    80 (HTTP)

If this computer is not supposed to be acting as a web server you should not have this port open.

Secure
    110 (POP3 Mail Server Port)

Secure
    139 (Net BIOS)

Secure
    143 (IMAP)

Secure
    443 (HTTPS)

Test complete.

Reachable ports were found. If these ports were not deliberately left open, there may be a problem with your firewall operation or configuration.

:cool: did u say open ports?:p

4. Henyman

hmm am google'ing CGI:IRC now....looks intresting.

5. Henyman

6. Jewelzz

Jewelzz OSNN Godlike Veteran

The cgi script that SPeedY_B gave me doesn't seem to be working anymore :(

7. Henyman

the demo on that page works!!! i think i will download it when i get home + try putting it on my webspace. the online 1 wont let u choses servers etc:huh:

8. Jewelzz

It's not an EFNet server. I've tried all the ones I could find. Either they won't connect or they aren't connected to EFNet. I connected to the one you posted Henyman, I can get on but it's not EFNet :(

Damn IRC, not I have to actually work :mad:

9. SPeedY_B

You'll have to ask your hosting provider before you do this.
    I have three different hosts and none of them will let me put a CGI:IRC client onto their servers, firstly its not the most resource friendly script. and also because it connects from their ip and not yours.

10. Henyman

Jewelzz i no that it doesn't conect 2 Efnet but @ least it conects:) i am downloadin it now so i can configure it @ skool 2morrow.....i recin if i dont tell them bout it they wont no:cool: if i cant host it on the serverspace i have i can host it on skool network as that is were i will be using it. i had a look @ it + u can easyly change servers etc:happy:

11. Jewelzz

If ya get it working let me know, I'd like to try it out :)

12. Henyman

hmmm i have it downloaded etc + have looked @ configuration. it's dead easy 2 change server/room. the website is s**t when it comes it what 2 upload/link to. will try it @ skool 2morrow as i only have 2 hours of leasons in my 8 hours day:cool: looks like it may have 2 be put on a linux box though:huh:

13. SPeedY_B

Henyman, yes, its linux only.
    Its REALLY easy to setup, ive done it before on my main host, but mike (the owner) told me off :p
    as ive said .. its not resource friendly, and many host providers wont want you IRC'ing with their ip, esspecially not on EFNet, the home of all script kiddiots.

14. Henyman

hmm i recon it's a no go. i would put in on Bucko's website but i thinks he's a bit pissed off with me @ mo:(