eerrr ebay fraud - im so mad

Discussion in 'Green Room' started by the_music_man, Jul 4, 2005.

1. the_music_man

the_music_man aka prodj88 =P

i just got jipped! mother effer!! i bought a 30gb ipod photo from ebay june 14th and I haven't receieved it. and since then the seller has had 11 negative feedback comments which means he's a freaking fraud! i just got jipped and so did 11 other ppl. thank god he has paypal buyer proection up to $1000 so i just filed a claim. hopefully the dispute will be settled within 30 days and i will get my $315 back . err i wanted that ipod but i guess i'll have to wait. oh yeah and now apple only sells the 20gb ipod photo not the 30gb.

overall bad experience and im pissed..i'm hating ebay right now...

2. Tittles

Tittles Dabba Dooba Political User

I hope he didn't have that negative feedback when you bidded on the Ipod :|

3. rushm001

rushm001 In the beginning...... Political User

Bad luck mate, I guess you can never tell the bad apples from the good until you take a bite! :rolleyes:

4. Tittles

Tittles Dabba Dooba Political User

Well can't you tell how bad an apple is by seeing how soft it is? I never eat an apple if it is soft cause i thought that ment no no to eatting it

5. kcnychief

kcnychief █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User Folding Team

Well, i haven't gone through this since they implemented the $1,000 cash back, but I might have bad news for you. I had a similar problem, about 2 years ago, and since the clown had already withdrawn the money from his paypal account, I was S.O.L. However, with this new policy in place, you might be OK. Um, did you purchase it? I thought it had to be purchased for some really small fee...?

EDIT: and don't hate ebay, it's not their fault people out there have nothing better to do than scam people. I have a feedback of 1170 and people are messing with me all the time. Yeah, it's a headache, but again, not eBay's fault.

6. tdinc

tdinc █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User

sorry to hear the bad news...(VOODOO CURSE ON THE SELLER):ninja:

7. Steevo

Steevo Spammer representing. Political User Folding Team

Where does the fink live?

:baseball bat:

8. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

two words: retail outlet.

9. VenomXt

VenomXt Blame me for the RAZR's Folding Team

exactly what i was thinking or newegg!

10. Son Goku

Son Goku No lover of dogma

I notice you said $315 for a photo. Did you know you were buying a photo, or did you think you were buying an actual iPod? If it stated photo on the listing (and not the actual hardware) not much that can be done on that one. Peeps (and Ebay) would likely say to read the auction description carefully, so as to know what one is bidding on.

But either way, his taking the money and not sending the merchandise, there is more then negative feedback you can do. In fact if others are having problems, they can do the same. Basically report the matter to Ebay themself.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/programs-investigations.html

I recommend you visit the page for the appropriate forms and information wrt a complaint you might chose to make with Ebay. Such a complaint would be covered under

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/inr-snad-policy.html

Though much might not be done with a scammer for one complaint, if they get a history of it... And trust me, reporting such a scammer, also helps your fellow Ebayers out as well...

11. the_music_man

the_music_man aka prodj88 =P

it was a 30gb ipod. the guy had a 99% positive feedback when i bid on the item. since then it keeps going down, it could be 90% now lol. the guys a freakin fake and i hope i get my money back. since then he has also unregistered from ebay

12. joyojoy

joyojoy Not all there...

:mad: Jerkasaurus wrecks!! That's why I never shop e-bay. A lot of scammers work hard to build up a high rating, just waiting for the right opportunity to come along and skip with as much money as possible....

13. fimchick

fimchick OSNN Senior Addict

I think you'll be ok. He's registered with eBay using his credit card (and if he used PayPal -- his bank account) so they should be able to get your money back. Cheer up =]

You know, there was a study conducted which showed that feedback is responsible for as much as 8% of an item's worth on eBay. For good reason I guess...